Some impressions of Mark Trumbo

Frobby

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess if he would take 3/39 I'd support signing him.

I was thinking around 3/36. If he has a Nelson Cruz type year and hits 40 and 100+ RBI you can forget that however. I think Trumbo still has value even if he winds up his usual. 250ish BA with 30 HR and 80ish RBI.

I was thinking around 3/36. If he has a Nelson Cruz type year and hits 40 and 100+ RBI you can forget that however. I think Trumbo still has value even if he winds up his usual. 250ish BA with 30 HR and 80ish RBI.

I'd add an option year at the end to make it a four year deal, kind of like what we did with DOD

Trumbo's raised his career OPS from .763 to .766 with his long and glorious run with the Orioles. He's also accumulated 7% of his career value in rWAR in the last 10 games. Yea, I think it's prudent to bet on 16-for-40 being more representative of his worth than 639-for-2554. I suggest 4/75, with maybe a player option for his age 35 season. And one of those add-ons that let him get paid hang around the front office for years afterwards telling tales of glory and just generally spreading good cheer.

So, here's a guy who has not approached 25-30 HR or 80-100 RBI in two years now and a guy that has been traded away by three teams in the last two years with the last being a salary dump because he's that good

of a player and we have people here who want to give him $40M dollars after half a month of unsustainable production during his best month historically? Really guys?

Trumbo picked a good year to have a career year.Of course, he will have to keep it up. Maybe he well but we shall see.

10 games in and we're declaring it a career year? Remember last year when Adam Jones OPS'd over 1.100 in all of April and ended up with the 5th-highest OPS of his career?

Trumbo's raised his career OPS from .763 to .766 with his long and glorious run with the Orioles. He's also accumulated 7% of his career value in rWAR in the last 10 games. Yea, I think it's prudent to bet on 16-for-40 being more representative of his worth than 639-for-2554. I suggest 4/75, with maybe a player option for his age 35 season. And one of those add-ons that let him get paid hang around the front office for years afterwards telling tales of glory and just generally spreading good cheer.

Kind of like what we do now wit Mike Bordick?

Archived