Some impressions of Mark Trumbo

Frobby

Trumbo is living up to his early season success, but damn is he mashing. Fires don't burn forever, though. It sure is fun seeing him go deep with that stiff swing of his. It doesn't look all that menacing until he squares one

up.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like Trumbo is the 1st Oriole to hit 2 homers in one inning. :clap3:

That first one tonight was an absolute missile. He's crushing. It's hard to keep my enthusiasm in check.He does have those ridiculous April/May splits, though. It's almost like you should just sit him down on June 1st.

Sure is fun to watch now.

What was all the talk about Trumbo hitting a bunch of homeruns this year because he will be playing half his games at Camden Yards. At home this year: 0 Homeruns in 5 games. On the road: 5 home runs in 5 games. So much for that theory.

Trumbo really came through. I was sitting by my computer looking at various things, with the O's game in the background because I wasn't expecting very much. All of a sudden, I heard Jim Hunter's call, "That ball is GONE!!!!" I wondered if he was doing some sort of yesterday's replay. But no, it was really a Trumbo HR. Then more HRs, Schoop, Machado, and finally another Trumbo HR. It was insane!!! :smile11:

Is Trumbo signed for longer than this year?

Trumbo really came through. I was sitting by my computer looking at various things, with the O's game in the background because I wasn't expecting very much. All of a sudden, I heard Jim Hunter's call, "That ball is GONE!!!!" I wondered if he was doing some sort of yesterday's replay. But no, it was really a Trumbo HR. Then more HRs, Schoop, Machado, and finally another Trumbo HR. It was insane!!! :smile11:

Is Trumbo signed for longer than this year?

He is not; he is probably our new Nelson Cruz. And he fits the role that Cruz had two years ago, hitting behind Davis, very well.

This is one time I'm quite happy to say "I told y'all so", but of course the year is young. :)

Guest JChav

It's way, way too early to gauge if Trumbo will put together an overall solid season, but if he does, it sure would be a nice redemption for losing Nelson Cruz if he can be resigned.

I have a hunch that he may not want to be here long term. He's a west coast guy through and through. Born in SoCal and spent his whole career to this point in the AL and NL west divisions.

If he can put together a 35-40 HR / .850-.900 OPS season, he'll get no less than what Nelson Cruz got. I'd guess a solid 5/65-80 deal.

At this way, way.... way earlier point... I wonder if that would be something Angelos would do, and I wonder if Trumbo would sign back here if that were the case? :scratchchinhmm:

It's way, way too early to gauge if Trumbo will put together an overall solid season, but if he does, it sure would be a nice redemption for losing Nelson Cruz if he can be resigned.

I have a hunch that he may not want to be here long term. He's a west coast guy through and through. Born in SoCal and spent his whole career to this point in the AL and NL west divisions.

If he can put together a 35-40 HR / .850-.900 OPS season, he'll get no less than what Nelson Cruz got. I'd guess a solid 5/65-80 deal.

At this way, way.... way earlier point... I wonder if that would be something Angelos would do, and I wonder if Trumbo would sign back here if that were the case? :scratchchinhmm:

Lets see what Walker does this year in Norfolk.

This is why you need to be accurate with what is in the Minors before committing to Veterans long term. Walker is cost controlled for less Money that a four to five year deal that Mark Trumbo will cost. IMO it is best to offer a deal if he does this all year but keep in mind a replacement MAY be in the wings.

And Trey Mancini is raking again in Bowie. .310/.394/1.187 OPS with 4 HRs in 8 games. Trey is a BEAST. Why they have Terdoslavich ahead of him at Norfolk is beyond me. Terdoslavich is at .138 with .403 OPS through 8 games at Norfolk. Promote the young man!!

Imagine a week when they are all dialed in and seeing the ball well. 4 HR in an inning is just the beginning. This is gonna be some fun.

I love me some beer league softball games!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Archived