Some impressions of Mark Trumbo

Frobby

The cruel truth is, we can't afford to pay everyone at free agent prices. Choices have to be made. I'm going to enjoy the ride, hope Trumbo has a great year worthy of a QO, and be happy with getting a sandwich pick for a guy we acquired for Steve Clevenger. I'm saving my money for Manny, Schoop and pitching.

I second this.

Trumbo will get a 4 or 5 year contract. Mancini and Walker are the O's two best position prospects who will be ready next year. Walker to left, Rickard to right. Mancini to DH.

Manny, Schoop, Britton, Gausman, Tillman are all arbitration eligible. They need money to keep these guys.

Trumbo and Pedro are probably with the O's for just this year IMO. Wieters is likely gone also. Watch Perez and Pena this year to see who backs up Celeb next year.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The cruel truth is, we can't afford to pay everyone at free agent prices. Choices have to be made. I'm going to enjoy the ride, hope Trumbo has a great year worthy of a QO, and be happy with getting a sandwich pick for a guy we acquired for Steve Clevenger. I'm saving my money for Manny, Schoop and pitching.

It's YOUR money? I guess what they say about lawyers is true, all working together:)

Yep, agreed completely.

If the organization wants to keep Terdo as depth, fine, stash him at Bowie (or release him). But Mancini deserves to be at Norfolk and the Os need to see what he can do. If he can power the ball in that park at Norfolk, well, we shall know we have something.

What if his swing gets messed up trying to hit them there?

If Walker and Mancini do well in the minors and Rickard' date=' Kim, Alvarez and Reimold are hitting in the majors, is Trumbo the kind of guy you trade to get some pitching?[/quote']

Absolutely not. The ultimate goal is to win the WS. If he's killing it, you keep him aboard. Also, he's not controlled past this season, so it'll be REALLY hard to find a contender who is trying to sell a major upgrade for us at Pitcher.

I'm not saying re-sign Trumbo now. But, I think they have a better shot at re-sign ingredients him than they do Manny. He will ride out the next two years, then you will have to bid against NY, Bos, and LA. The chances of outbidding them weren't good in the past, why would it be now. The real cold hard truth is, maybe keep solid players you can afford, and just enjoy what time we have of Manny.

I'm not saying re-sign Trumbo now. But, I think they have a better shot at re-sign ingredients him than they do Manny. He will ride out the next two years, then you will have to bid against NY, Bos, and LA. The chances of outbidding them weren't good in the past, why would it be now. The real cold hard truth is, maybe keep solid players you can afford, and just enjoy what time we have of Manny.

Not sure how ingredients got added. Technology.

I think you have to trust DD and co. to find another guy out there on the cheap that can come in and make an impact with his bat. He's done pretty well so far with Chris Davis, Nelson Cruz, and Mark Trumbo. If Trumbo keeps it up and has a good year he's going to command a Nelson Cruz like deal probably. We need money pay Manny and Schoop first.

Why do these threads always come up when a guy is on fire? You realize he'll never be more expensive than he is right now? Maybe we should wait for him to slump for a few weeks in May/June and offer him an extension then.

I am going to agree to disagree here with all of you guys. The Orioles need to resign Mark before the season is over plain and simple. I think Dan is smart enough to know this as well. I think Dan will make a sincere effort to do so. Is Mark an Boras client? Manny Machado will only resign with the Orioles if he is willing to take a home town discount. There is no way in the world that the Orioles will give him 200 or 300 million. I would bet the farm on that.

Archived