Some impressions of Mark Trumbo

Frobby

And Trey Mancini is raking again in Bowie. .310/.394/1.187 OPS with 4 HRs in 8 games. Trey is a BEAST. Why they have Terdoslavich ahead of him at Norfolk is beyond me. Terdoslavich is at .138 with .403 OPS through 8 games at Norfolk. Promote the young man!!

It is my thought that Trey Mancini will force the issue at Norfolk. The need to repeat a FULL season at Bowie is not in the cards. I hope that when he is eventually promoted that he can continue to "Rake".

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Orioles need to resign Mark Trumbo right now. It is clear that Mark is going to have a huge year for the Orioles. He fits in very well on the team. He is the perfect hitter for the Orioles. He is the perfect hitter for Camden Yards. Mark has to be tired of traveling around and bouncing from team to team. The Orioles should offer him a two year deal with a club option or a straight three year deal. I would rather spend money on Trumbo than I would Matt Wieters. Mark is going to get huge money if he reaches free agency. Pay the man Dan! Lock him up.

Mark Trumbo reminds me of J.J Hardy when he first became an Oriole. J.J became a different player when the Orioles traded for him. The same is happening to Trumbo. Mark Trumbo is a better hitter with the Orioles than he has ever been. The Orioles would regret letting Trumbo go and they can't allow him to reach free agency. I would bet the farm on the fact that Mark is going to be a good player for the Orioles. I would have no problem giving him a three year deal. You have to be bold. The Orioles have to win baby. Now is our time!

The cruel truth is, we can't afford to pay everyone at free agent prices. Choices have to be made. I'm going to enjoy the ride, hope Trumbo has a great year worthy of a QO, and be happy with getting a sandwich pick for a guy we acquired for Steve Clevenger. I'm saving my money for Manny, Schoop and pitching.

It is my thought that Trey Mancini will force the issue at Norfolk. The need to repeat a FULL season at Bowie is not in the cards. I hope that when he is eventually promoted that he can continue to "Rake".

If the organization wants to keep Terdo as depth, fine, stash him at Bowie (or release him). But Mancini deserves to be at Norfolk and the Os need to see what he can do. If he can power the ball in that park at Norfolk, well, we shall know we have something.

Oh my. Let's pump the brakes here.

Have you seen Trumbo's early season splits? I am loving the hot start, but it's WAY early to start discussing an extension.

Yep, lol, but that's why message boards are fun, they are reactionary and often irrational.

The cruel truth is, we can't afford to pay everyone at free agent prices. Choices have to be made. I'm going to enjoy the ride, hope Trumbo has a great year worthy of a QO, and be happy with getting a sandwich pick for a guy we acquired for Steve Clevenger. I'm saving my money for Manny, Schoop and pitching.

The Orioles can afford to resign Mark. Give him a three year deal at 12 or 13 million a year. The Orioles will save 60 million or more by allowing Wieters to leave.

Maybe he will be the MVP of the World Series win. lol. That would be pleasant!

The Orioles can afford to resign Mark. Give him a three year deal at 12 or 13 million a year. The Orioles will save 60 million or more by allowing Wieters to leave.

He will likely want and get 4 years if he has a good year as Cruz did and Markakis did. I would wait and, certainly, extending Manny is my top budget priority, but it would be worth exploring a deal during the course of the season depending on our performance and our needs going forward.

Archived