Some impressions of Mark Trumbo

Frobby

If the O's keep hitting, then I think Mancini and others are trade bait for a starting pitcher. The O's may be in a weird year where multiple hitters have crazy career years...and they will want to take advantage of that and hit the "win now" button a little harder. May be why Mancini is in Bowie instead of Norfolk.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Orioles need to resign Mark Trumbo right now. It is clear that Mark is going to have a huge year for the Orioles. He fits in very well on the team. He is the perfect hitter for the Orioles. He is the perfect hitter for Camden Yards. Mark has to be tired of traveling around and bouncing from team to team. The Orioles should offer him a two year deal with a club option or a straight three year deal. I would rather spend money on Trumbo than I would Matt Wieters. Mark is going to get huge money if he reaches free agency. Pay the man Dan! Lock him up.

Looks like he's also the perfect hitter for Texas' park. Seems like everything he hits are line shots. I especially like the ones that go over 400 feet.

Btw, if Davis has a good year... trade him to a big market team for cheap young talent. Then we can afford to re-sign Trumbo and more.

Davis batting in front of Trumbo should get a lot more pitches to hit.

The Orioles need to resign Mark Trumbo right now. It is clear that Mark is going to have a huge year for the Orioles. He fits in very well on the team. He is the perfect hitter for the Orioles. He is the perfect hitter for Camden Yards. Mark has to be tired of traveling around and bouncing from team to team. The Orioles should offer him a two year deal with a club option or a straight three year deal. I would rather spend money on Trumbo than I would Matt Wieters. Mark is going to get huge money if he reaches free agency. Pay the man Dan! Lock him up.

Meh....

Why do these threads always come up when a guy is on fire? You realize he'll never be more expensive than he is right now? Maybe we should wait for him to slump for a few weeks in May/June and offer him an extension then.

Combine that with demanding that we trade away guys who are slumping/underperforming their career norms.

I am going to agree to disagree here with all of you guys. The Orioles need to resign Mark before the season is over plain and simple. I think Dan is smart enough to know this as well. I think Dan will make a sincere effort to do so. Is Mark an Boras client? Manny Machado will only resign with the Orioles if he is willing to take a home town discount. There is no way in the world that Manny would take 200 or 300 million. I would bet the farm on that.

Fixed that for you. lol.

No way Trumbo is going to extend with a huge start to his platform year, and I wouldn't want to try to do it now anyway. I'd probably like to keep either Trumbo or Alvarez as a DH after this season, depending of course on how well they do this year. The best we can hope for them to earn a QO, with Trumbo being far more likely, especially with his hot start.

Archived