Joey Rickard is the real deal

Diehard_O's_Fan

If you want to be absolutely extreme over the top scenario then sure.

Aren't you the guy who just compared an outfielder with "zero range" to another who gets to 15% more balls.

You stick a glove on Jabba the Hut, and you accuse me of "over the top" scenarios? :)

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aren't you the guy who just compared an outfielder with "zero range" to another who gets to 15% more balls.

You stick a glove on Jabba the Hut, and you accuse me of "over the top" scenarios? :)

Seriously, give it up.

MiLB outfielder fielding percentage, taken in a vacuum, is of extremely limited use. So limited it isn't even worth referencing in my opinion.

Seriously, give it up.

MiLB outfielder fielding percentage, taken in a vacuum, is of extremely limited use. So limited it isn't even worth referencing in my opinion.

It has been declared, and therefore must be so.

it is precisely this attitude that makes this place unattractive to those otherwise inclined to participate.

It has been declared, and therefore must be so.

it is precisely this attitude that makes this place unattractive to those otherwise inclined to participate.

Come on, you jump in and misinterpret an ongoing conversation and then you decide to dig in and defend something as nebulous as minor league fielding percentage.

How do we know the official scorer doesn't owe the pitcher 20 bucks so he calls a hit an error to cut down the hit on his ERA?

There is practically no context to the numbers. Maybe one official scorer never calls an error on the home team.

We don't know.

Maybe a guy fell down in a hole the outfield and got charged with an error.

We don't know.

Against the Jays in the series clincher - robbed a HR, got his first SB, scored the first run, 3 hits, hustled to second on a PB in the 9th, scored the winning run on a great read of Manny's blooper.

NBD...

Seems to be a guy that makes the most out of his ability, and knows how to play Buck baseball...

With Rickard penciled in at the top of the lineup I feel like we have as close to a true leadoff hitter as we've had in several years (since Roberts, at least). I love that he's having success and helping the ballclub. I'd love to see him walk more and raise that OBP, but I'm pretty happy about his addition to the team so far...

It might be that he's not going to be given the opportunity to walk much this year. Would you nibble with him when you have Machado/Jones/Davis/Trumbo to follow? I doubt anyone is going to let him walk until at least the second series that team faces him.

It might be that he's not going to be given the opportunity to walk much this year. Would you nibble with him when you have Machado/Jones/Davis/Trumbo to follow? I doubt anyone is going to let him walk until at least the second series that team faces him.

Hard to complain about a .360 OBP.

I wish people would stop calling him Joey Baseball. It stolen from Johnny Football and look where he is now. I feel the comparison is an insult to a kid that is excelling at his job.
Joe Angel coined that nickname, and if it's good enough for Joe it's good enough for me. Screw football, this is a baseball site.

Archived