Buck's statement on Kim and tonight's game

LookitsPuck

Fine. We'll just disagree. Got band rehearsal till 10pm, so will to watch this one on DVR around 10pm. Enjoy the game.

Did you even see where I directed you to a thread where the 400 foot out was discussed? I also told you someone mentioned Kim hit the ball hard in his last AB in KC earlier in this thread. Disagree all you want, but it

all happened.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if the potential return in a little while of yet another left-handed bat in Flaherty is the next big turning point in decisions concerning Alvarez/Kim. I would guess that Buck plays Alvarez as much as possible in the meantime to see if he is worth keeping over infield depth (assuming that he's about as eager to play Alvarez in the field as he was about Mark Reynolds).

That's fine, but I think it's unusual to implicitly trust Buck's judgment with Kim while continuing to point out his "boneheaded mistakes" in the same paragraph. If Buck can't be trusted to make correct decisions on pitching and other things how can you be so sure of your interpretation of Buck's judgment of a tiny fraction of Kim's professional baseball career?

You are better than that. You know very well you can't expand "Buck" made a mistake in Texas" to "Buck can't be trusted to handle pitchers". Buck makes hundreds of decisions. Most of them are right.

Don't worry the usual suspects will soon chime in how he looks overmatched and how none of his hits have been hit hard or left the infield :rolleyestf:

You are so into winning this argument that you refuse to admit that the usual suspects could be right. Don't forget that Buck is one of the usual suspects. I'm hopeful Kim can hit and I hope down the line that Kim succeeds because it would help the o's. But, I wouldn't bet on it

So tired of Kim clogging up a roster spot. Just cut him a pay him if you don't want him, moronic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who's clogging a spot more? Alvarez or Kim?

LookitsPuck already hit on this somewhat, but what roster move is being blocked by Kim? Let's forget about Alvarez, what roster move would you have liked to see happen that did not because of Kim? They have a big bullpen right now because they were able to send Flash down. Do you think they should have a 14 man pitching staff? What position player are we missing right now?

Maybe we could use a pinch runner, but that's what we were thinking Rickard would be going into the season. He forced his way into a starting spot. Now Kim is a backup. It happens. He's done well in his limited opportunities. I could see him get a bit of playing time when we face righties.

I am pleased that Kim has gotten on base a lot in his few opportunities. I have missed a number of his at bats and don't really have an opinion about his hitting abilities yet. He's done enough to earn a few chances, though.

Hey, how long did Roy Hobbs sit on the bench before his manager played him? ;)

I am pleased that Kim has gotten on base a lot in his few opportunities. I have missed a number of his at bats and don't really have an opinion about his hitting abilities yet. He's done enough to earn a few chances, though.

Hey, how long did Roy Hobbs sit on the bench before his manager played him? ;)

If Kim harvested his bat from a lightning-struck, possibly magical tree, he shouldn't wait long.

Archived