Buck's statement on Kim and tonight's game

LookitsPuck

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I took that to mean that by not handing him the everyday LF job to start the season that it took the pressure off.

Or I have no idea what I am doing and have to come up with some comment to cover that.

Latos is the perfect kind of pitcher for Kim to face, with a fastball that sits 88-90. Kim hit him well and I'm glad.

I think people are getting too dramatic about Buck's use of Kim. They could have cut him, but didn't, so obviously they thought he ultimately was worth keeping. Rickard has played well, as have Trumbo and Reimold, and we've seen quite a few LH starters of late. I fully expect Buck will give Kim his chances, considering he has hit well when given the opportunity.

I am sure if it were up to Buck, Kim would have been cut two weeks into spring training. More an instance of DD not wanting to look stupid for throwing away 7 million dollars.

I am sure if it were up to Buck, Kim would have been cut two weeks into spring training. More an instance of DD not wanting to look stupid for throwing away 7 million dollars.

Are you sure? Or just guessing? I've heard otherwise.

I saw that quote on masn but for the life of me, I have no clue what Buck is trying to say in that quote. Doesn't he "watch" major league games every day from the dugout when he doesn't play?

Buck's lame excuse for not playing Kim, i.e. he's a "watcher." It shows that he's not at the point yet of admitting that Kim is a good hitter or that he erred in deciding that he shouldn't be an Oriole.

Buck's lame excuse for not playing Kim, i.e. he's a "watcher." It shows that he's not at the point yet of admitting that Kim is a good hitter or that he erred in deciding that he shouldn't be an Oriole.

I thought Buck liked "watchers"? Isn't Matt a "watcher"?

They could also have given him more playing time in ST. They could also have kept their attempts to send him back to Korea private. Same goes for the failed attempt to persuade him to accept a minor league assignment when they mutually agreed to a ML deal. None of these things indicate to me a desire to keep him as anything other than a last resort.

If these things had been different, there would be no stage for any drama. Kim would simply be in the OF/DH mix rather than a story that's gaining momentum with every intelligent AB.

They made a drama but Kim refused to play the part. Let's hope he's on the way to making his own unique story of success--one that, as Can of Corn has pointed out, he had to do in his early KBO career as well.

Archived