Buck's statement on Kim and tonight's game

LookitsPuck

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think maybe Kim can hit?

I was sure he couldn't after Spring Training based on the organization's dealing with him, but now I'm thinking......maybe.

Don't worry the usual suspects will soon chime in how he looks overmatched and how none of his hits have been hit hard or left the infield :rolleyestf:

Don't worry the usual suspects will soon chime in how he looks overmatched and how none of his hits have been hit hard or left the infield :rolleyestf:

I have no problem with a guy that can consistently go the other way for hits. The power is usually the last thing to develop when adjusting to a new league/level of competition.

Though, the poster mistakenly thought he hit it off of Matt Barnes, but he hit it off of Koji, so it wasn't off a 97MPH fastball.

From this thread and I didn't even make the first comment on it. That's about as

close as you'll get to proof. There is no video proof because why would there be? It was an out. Someone earlier in this thread commented that Kim crushed the ball at KC. Again, it wasn't me that said it first. By all means

though, keep thinking I'm just making stuff up and being disingenuous.

Not like Koji is an easy hit. Kim was actually the first LHB to log at hit off Koji this season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Asian hitters tend to have non-traditional mechanics. It is possible the coaching staff saw these mechanics and determined he could not hit even though it has worked for a number of other foreign players?

I just find it hard to believe the organization treated him the way they did without thinking he was going to be a complete failure in the field AND at the plate.

Always room for a guy that can just hit. See Pedro Alvarez and Mark Trumbo.

I think maybe Kim can hit?

I was sure he couldn't after Spring Training based on the organization's dealing with him, but now I'm thinking......maybe.

I think he played some tonight. I was trying to keep up with what's going on in

the game thread. Sounded like he got a hit.

It was a nice piece of hitting. Ichiro without the speed. I like Kim and would like to see him get more playing time. Just don't want to bench Joey to do it.

Kim looks A LOT more comfortable at the plate to me than he did even at the beginning of the regular season

It was a nice piece of hitting. Ichiro without the speed. I like Kim and would like to see him get more playing time. Just don't want to bench Joey to do it.

He's had three starts in 21 games (once a week more or less). Seems less than that for some reason. I would find a way to get him in there twice a week.

Trumbo and Rickard are going to need to rest at some point. Alvarez could sit a little more.

I think it will work itself out. Someone will get cold....or injured.

Has a very good eye and bat control. Two walks on top of the 6 for 11 (.545). If he could only get enough starts, I have no doubt we'd begin to see the doubles and an occasional homer. How he'd improve defensively though, is still an open question to me.

Has a very good eye and bat control. Two walks on top of the 6 for 11 (.545). If he could only get enough starts, I have no doubt we'd begin to see the doubles and an occasional homer. How he'd improve defensively though, is still an open question to me.

He can't be any worse than Trumbo is in right. As long as Trumbo is at DH and Reimold or Rickard are in right I don't think we would lose much defensively. You can always DH him too.

He can't be any worse than Trumbo is in right. As long as Trumbo is at DH and Reimold or Rickard are in right I don't think we would lose much defensively. You can always DH him too.
With Trumbo hot you can DH him v RHP occasionally. That would give Kim a start or two in LF and when you want to rest Jones. Or Davis. If he wanted to Buck could find a way to play him twice a week.

Archived