Buck's statement on Kim and tonight's game

LookitsPuck

Reimold is going to get good consistent ABs in this White Sox series, so he'll be able to go out and make his case for more time.

For what it's worth, my observation is he looks leaner and way more explosive this year. Physically this might be the best he's been since his rookie year.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're a proponent of "we should always defer to those in charge" viewpoint. Please understand that others may not be so absolutist.

Wrong. I say trading Arrieta was a horrible move and get slammed as anti oriole by multiple posters. Then I say the O's reputation is fine around baseball and get told I'm not allowed to have inconsistent views because I criticized DD on Arrieta. Now I say trust Buck on Kim and get called out for not questioning the Orioles. Can I please offer an opinion without people using that one opinion to label me? I call em as I see em. Sometimes I'm pro o's sometimes I say we made a mistake. Sometimes I'm wrong, but usually not:)

Wrong. I say trading Arrieta was a horrible move and get slammed as anti oriole by multiple posters. Then I say the O's reputation is fine around baseball and get told I'm not allowed to have inconsistent views because I criticized DD on Arrieta. Now I say trust Buck on Kim and get called out for not questioning the Orioles. Can I please offer an opinion without people using that one opinion to label me? I call em as I see em. Sometimes I'm pro o's sometimes I say we made a mistake. Sometimes I'm wrong, but usually not:)

It is difficult to pigeonhole someone who bases one opinion solely on trusting management's judgment, while pointing out that that same management has made egregious mistakes in the recent past.

It is difficult to pigeonhole someone who bases one opinion solely on trusting management's judgment, while pointing out that that same management has made egregious mistakes in the recent past.

Kim has never played in the majors so we don't have a track record to go on. So, someone saying that Buck's opinion is wrong has absolutely no basis to go on. Buck has seen the guy every day for months now. Buck has a basis for his opinion. You want me to question Buck, fine. How about leaving Gallardo in the game at Texas and than following with TJ when the forecast called for 5 inches of rain the next day. I said at the time, before Gallardo got knocked out of the game that Buck was making a bonehead mistake. If it's difficult to pigeon hole me, that's a good thing. Maybe that shows I can think independently.

No, you got called out for saying "Nobody can question Buck, so the thread should be closed." What is that nonsense?

Couldn't you write that exact paragraph about every bench player in the history of baseball? Nolan Reimold is probably worse than Rickard and Trumbo, he may not be as good a hitter vs. RHP as Alvarez... why is he ever going to play? Ryan Flaherty isn't as good as Manny or Hardy or Schoop in pretty much any aspect of the game. Why has he been an Oriole for going on four years? Why has he ever gotten into a game? Why do we even have 25-man rosters?

Kim will play to give others rest. He will play when someone has a minor injury. He will play when there are favorable matchups. He will play when Buck gets visions from God or at least the baseball gods.

Which is exactly my point. Why are people so concerned with a bench player's playing time?

Which is exactly my point. Why are people so concerned with a bench player's playing time?

In Kim's case because of the perception that he was treated unfairly by Duquette and Showalter. Otherwise I don't think anybody would care particularly much. About as much as they care about Reimold's playing time probably.

In Kim's case because of the perception that he was treated unfairly by Duquette and Showalter. Otherwise I don't think anybody would care particularly much. About as much as they care about Reimold's playing time probably.

But, people in OH care, and we get wrapped about the axle spending time debating things and over analyzing them, daily. :)

No, you got called out for saying "Nobody can question Buck, so the thread should be closed." What is that nonsense?

That was poorly worded. I believe no-one can question Bucks opinion on Kim because Buck has seen him every day for months and Kim has no track record to go on. Therefore those questioning Buck's use of Kim have no basis for their opinion.

That was poorly worded. I believe no-one can question Bucks opinion on Kim because Buck has seen him every day for months and Kim has no track record to go on. Therefore those questioning Buck's use of Kim have no basis for their opinion.

While Buck certainly has more information about Kim than we do, it's not correct to say that we have "no basis" for our opinion. We can certainly form opinions based on what we've seen of Kim during the regular season, spring training, videos from Korea, scouting reports, etc. It's dismissive to say that we can't form our own opinions of him.

Not going to get you too far, criticizing our MODS.

While Buck certainly has more information about Kim than we do, it's not correct to say that we have "no basis" for our opinion. We can certainly form opinions based on what we've seen of Kim during the regular season, spring training, videos from Korea, scouting reports, etc. It's dismissive to say that we can't form our own opinions of him.

Brady had glowing things to say about him, DD had glowing things to say about him, Daniel Kim had glowing things to say about him, his videos from Korea were pretty impressive to watch even though he wasn't playing

at that level during spring training (who is, anyway?), but Buck has bad things to say about him from day one. That is basis to question Buck right away even if Kim's steadily increasing performance isn't considered. So,

I would agree that we have more than enough basis to form an opinion on the matter.

Not going to get you too far, criticizing our MODS.

Wait, so moderators opinions about the Orioles cannot be criticized or questioned? Come on. :laughlol:

Archived