Wow, Kim is untouchable

cm1290

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am not sure you can learn to hit 95. And whether he is the guy to try. Use him again guys without premium velocity.

But isn't that moving the line?

His spring training start: He will never hit mlb pitching

He broke his cold streak: He has no power

He refuses to go down: He is not a ML quality player

He stays on roster doesn't play: He is taking space of a ML player

He gets used: Well good for him, but still...

He pinch hits: Good job buck to get a perfect match up.

Another start: Well its a pretty small sample size. It's not like he can really hit .600

Now, we just need to miss premium velocity?

Gotta admit, this whole thing with Kim has seemed like a Wizzard of Oz drama. Someone or something has to be doing something behind that curtain.

But as I have said before, as long as Kim is on the roster, I want him to be successful and so far he has not disappointed.

“Back when I was in Korea, I was able to hit the balls hard and I was swinging hard in order to hit the balls forward,” he said through interpreter Danny Lee. “But during the spring training, there was some pressure to make results, so I was just trying to make contact with pitches. Now I have gone back to how it was before and I am trying to make the harder hits, so I am swinging harder."

“I am trying my best to get back to how I played in Korea. Not too much difficulty playing just once in a while. Happy to be part of the team and contributing more than I was before.”

“I am trying to get used to the fastballs that I am not able to see in the games,” he said. “So I’ve been working in the cage with the (pitching) machines to get ready for the games.”

“My old friend (Jung Ho) Kang from the Pirates gave me a lot of advice in that you have to see more fastballs to get used to the velocity of the pitchers here,” he said. “The unfamiliarity with the pitchers is the same thing for the pitchers. They haven’t seen me either. It is the same deal with pitchers and me.”

Source

Sure you can it's just a matter of timing the swing. It's not the velocity it's the change of speeds/location, plus velocity

I respectfully disagree. With much support in the scouting community.

I haven't been able to see much of him in the field, but at the plate, he sure doesn't look over matched to me. I don't care if he ends up with Nori Aoki power, if he can get on base and work the count, which he's done so far in extremely limited playing time, I'll gladly take that to balance out the rest of the lineup.

8708fe1c32a7c77b52b2a1d7b80e62a2.jpg

Scouts aren't expensive. If true, absolute insanity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same story for years. O's don't spend intelligently (or much at all) on scouting/player development, new GM comes in, the narrative becomes "oh look at all the new shinys," O's continue to suck at the same list of things, people start to point out how little they invest in those areas. Still, at least we got that softballer. The NZ market is all Orioles, all the time.

I respectfully disagree. With much support in the scouting community.

Kang would disagree and the other Korean players aren't having much issue hitting these pitches over here. No one is born with the ability to hit a 95 MPH fastball, you train for it and work at it. You develop your swing and

timing. You make adjustments. I disagree with all those scouts. The proof is in the pudding on this one.

Kang would disagree and the other Korean players aren't having much issue hitting these pitches over here. No one is born with the ability to hit a 95 MPH fastball, you train for it and work at it. You develop your swing and

timing. You make adjustments. I disagree with all those scouts. The proof is in the pudding on this one.

Your going back and fourth with Weems who will tow the Orioles line no matter how silly it is. Scouts say you can't learn to hit 95? Are you serious?

I didn't see a 95 MPH until my junior year playing travel ball. When I first saw it it was absurd I had no chance. A few times I swung when the ball was already to the catcher. More and more practice and seeing more pitchers and by college I could belt a 95 MPH fastball a long way. To say you can't learn is beyond silly.

Archived