Wow, Kim is untouchable

cm1290

Your going back and fourth with Weems who will tow the Orioles line no matter how silly it is. Scouts say you can't learn to hit 95? Are you serious?

I didn't see a 95 MPH until my junior year playing travel ball. When I first saw it it was absurd I had no chance. A few times I swung when the ball was already to the catcher. More and more practice and seeing more pitchers and by college I could belt a 95 MPH fastball a long way. To say you can't learn is beyond silly.

It's a combination of the two....I can train for years and still won't be a major league player. If all it is, is practice, then everyone "could" be a major league hitter.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's a combination of the two....I can train for years and still won't be a major league player. If all it is, is practice, then everyone "could" be a major league hitter.

If Manny did not practice, he would not be Manny.

I am constantly amazed by the folks that do not marvel at something at only hundreds of folks on the planet can do at any given time. The odds of being a major leaguer are similar to being an astronaut, or winning the powerball.

I am constantly amazed by the folks that do not marvel at something at only hundreds of folks on the planet can do at any given time. The odds of being a major leaguer are similar to being an astronaut, or winning the powerball.

The odds are one in 101 million to 1.

As a former independent league baseball player, it's easy to train to hit fastballs. It's not easy to train to hit fastballs when you don't know whether or not they're coming.

As a former independent league baseball player, it's easy to train to hit fastballs. It's not easy to train to hit fastballs when you don't know whether or not they're coming.

As I said. Many folks can hit a fastball. Not all of them major leaguers. Some folks can't hit the breaking stuff even if they know it is coming. Evidently Mr. Kim is one who can.

Maybe Kang was one of those guys who was ok with hitting premium velosity all along. THere are plenty of guys that can only hit fastball. And only 700 who can hit major league pitching. In the world.

..that we know of.

And you can roid up to catch up. That is proven. Possibly that is what he is referring to.

Well, I think amphetamines would be far more effective in that case than steroids. Steroids may make it go further when you hit it, but bat speed is more about reaction time than strength. Steroids don't increase reaction

time; amphetamines do. They are probably way more potent a performance enhancer as a result.

Well, I think amphetamines would be far more effective in that case than steroids. Steroids may make it go further when you hit it, but bat speed is more about reaction time than strength. Steroids don't increase reaction

time; amphetamines do. They are probably way more potent a performance enhancer as a result.

I've been told that steroids can help with quick twitch too.

I'm sure he knows a lot. But let's not pretend that there are a lot of favourites being played with Buck and that he treated Kim pretty poorly. What, a week before Opening Day he was saying in the media that Kim wouldn't be traveling north with the club. That just screams outright bias. Clearly there's some disconnect between Buck and Dan. We're even seeing it with how Buck speaks in the media even today (and a few days ago) regarding Kim. Now, is it his way of dealing with "newbies" that haven't proven themselves? Possibly. But he's admittedly been very easy on Rickard all the while being very bearish on Kim.

I wish he would give Kim more playtime. Joey can't play all the time.

Mmm.. testosterone would probably work better for that. I'm sure steroids can, but they might not be your first choice if fast twitch muscle is what you're after. I'm open to correction on that, though.

You know what else is a performance enhancing drug? Caffeine; try making that one illegal. It is a stimulant, after all. Very easy to get your hands on that stuff in many forms. ;) Has the same performance enhancing

qualities as an amphetamine would.

I have never seen that.

I've been perusing a steroid board trying to confirm it and not having much luck.

In fact "That steroids increase the amount of fast twitch sounds like bodybuilding forum mis-information and myth."

I'll keep looking.

Archived