Wow, Kim is untouchable

cm1290

Shhh Frobby, don't spoil the fun:)

Hey Rene, many posters have asked you questions about your dislike for Kim but you haven't provided any answers for some reason. I'll add another - what do you consider "major league heat" from a practical standpoint?

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The question wasn't directed to me, but what I mean by major league heat is probably 93 and up. Stuff in the upper half of the league.

A small sample size but 2 of Kim's 9 hits thus far (in 15 ABs) were off of 93MPH fastballs. Both were hard hit balls to the outfield - one to right field (pinch hit single in TX) and one to left field (pinch hit single against the White Sox a few nights ago).

A small sample size but 2 of Kim's 9 hits thus far (in 15 ABs) were off of 93MPH fastballs. Both were hard hit balls to the outfield - one to right field (pinch hit single in TX) and one to left field (pinch hit single against the White Sox a few nights ago).

Good. Hopefully that shows he has adjusted to what he's seeing. I have no idea how Kim will do in the long run, but he's earned some opportunities to show what he can do.

Haha couldn't wait for him to not get on base huh.

Haha, no. I really was rooting for him there as I do every AB.

It's too bad he doesn't offer better OF defense because he might get a few more AB. I am no longer worried when he gets up to the plate.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The question about Kim is whether he can adjust to major league heat. Latos isn't really a gauge of that. His fastball was sitting at 88-90. That said, Kim hit the ball on the button all three AB against him, and also hit the DP ball pretty hard.

Latos came in having given up only 13 hits in 24.33 innings--he may not have been throwing ML heat, but it's equally as important that in Kim the O's have someone who can hit off-speed / breaking stuff very well, as was his reputation.

Latos came in having given up only 13 hits in 24.33 innings--he may not have been throwing ML heat, but it's equally as important that in Kim the O's have someone who can hit off-speed / breaking stuff very well, as was his reputation.

I am not sure you can learn to hit 95. And whether he is the guy to try. Use him again guys without premium velocity.

I am not sure you can learn to hit 95. And whether he is the guy to try. Use him again guys without premium velocity.

Well seeing how the average MLB fastball is around 92MPH, that should leave a lot of opportunities to use him. He's already hit 93MPH fastballs hard, so perhaps with more ABs, he can also adjust to the occasional 95MPH starters

The O's seem to have enough depth for such a plan. I'd rather see Kim at DH rather than Alvarez against right-handed breaking pitches and change-ups--and vice versa against premium right-handed heat.

Sure you can it's just a matter of timing the swing. It's not the velocity it's the change of speeds/location, plus velocity

All I ask is that he's another Wade Boggs. That's all.

Me too ...... except that I hope that he does not sign as a free agent with the Yankees someday and eventually win a World Series with them, as did Boggs.

Archived