Wow, Kim is untouchable

cm1290

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I unfortunately didn't see the catch, but everyone said it was good. I would say that Kim looks good though not yet comfortable which is expected. The one flaw I see in his approach at the plate thus far is that he seems to be prone to swinging at breaking pitches under the strike zone. It's probably just from not being used to seeing that much break and adjustments will come in time, but he swung at two really good curveballs below the knees in tonight's game. One was a ground out to the right side in his first AB and the other was a weak popup to short since he one handed it. He is still working counts and seems to be really good at spotting pitches that are off the plate except the low ones.

Also, I just now found an animated gif of that hit in Texas that almost no one else saw. It was apparently 104.7 MPH off the bat. I know it's old news at this point, but I stumbled on it in this article on Camden Chat.

VQff7Oi.0.gif

Made a nice running catch in LF had a GB single up the middle, drove in a run with a GB out.
I unfortunately didn't see the catch, but everyone said it was good. I would say that Kim looks good though not yet comfortable which is expected. The one flaw I see in his approach at the plate thus far is that he seems to be prone to swinging at breaking pitches under the strike zone. It's probably just from not being used to seeing that much break and adjustments will come in time, but he swung at two really good curveballs below the knees in tonight's game. One was a ground out to the right side in his first AB and the other was a weak popup to short since he one handed it. He is still working counts and seems to be really good at spotting pitches that are off the plate except the low ones.

Also, I just now found an animated gif of that hit in Texas that almost no one else saw. It was apparently 104.7 MPH off the bat. I know it's old news at this point, but I stumbled on it in this article on Camden Chat.

VQff7Oi.0.gif

I'm holding out Hope that Kim will ultimately pan out but he's probably only going to get a start here or there. But when he is in he' seems to make things happen. Can't wait till I get a tv so I watch Kim and the O's. Thanks for keeping me informed guys.... Rep.

I'm holding out Hope that Kim will ultimately pan out but he's probably only going to get a start here or there. But when he is in he' seems to make things happen. Can't wait till I get a tv so I watch Kim and the O's. Thanks for keeping me informed guys.... Rep.

No problem. I think Kim is growing on Buck and will see more playing time. I'd be surprised if he didn't get a start in the Twins series. Game one looks like a good start for Kim against Jose Berrios who has struggles against

lefties so far in his very young career and has shut down righties. I think we will see more of Kim now especially now that he has proven he is solid in the outfield and moves pretty quick for a guy his size.

I'm obviously a fan of Kim and think he is slowly gaining more confidence. He is proving he knows how to get on base but I was wondering why he seems to put the ball on the ground almost all of the time, be it a hit or an out. I came across an interesting article on ESPN that talks about this. Apparently, Kim admits he is not yet swinging "with confidence" which is why he is hitting mostly grounders. Hopefully with more ABs he'll build that confidence and start hitting line drives.

http://espn.go.com/blog/baltimore-orioles/post/_/id/799/orioles-outfielder-hyun-soo-kim-is-a-infield-hit-machine

I'm obviously a fan of Kim and think he is slowly gaining more confidence. He is proving he knows how to get on base but I was wondering why he seems to put the ball on the ground almost all of the time, be it a hit or an out. I came across an interesting article on ESPN that talks about this. Apparently, Kim admits he is not yet swinging "with confidence" which is why he is hitting mostly grounders. Hopefully with more ABs he'll build that confidence and start hitting line drives.

http://espn.go.com/blog/baltimore-orioles/post/_/id/799/orioles-outfielder-hyun-soo-kim-is-a-infield-hit-machine

I hope he gets more at bats.

Very interesting. Well, Kim has hit some 100+ MPH rockets (can I say that?) that have been on the ground for hits and it's only a matter of time before they get hit in the air and that's when we're going to see Kim's power

which I think could easily translate to between 20-30 HRs annually and a .300ish BA with a very high OBP. Maybe not this year, but Kim has not even begun to show what he is capable of. A confident Kim is the Orioles

starting left fielder and if he's going to be as good as I think he will be, I hope he will be our left fielder for many years to come.

Very interesting. Well, Kim has hit some 100+ MPH rockets (can I say that?) that have been on the ground for hits and it's only a matter of time before they get hit in the air and that's when we're going to see Kim's power

which I think could easily translate to between 20-30 HRs annually and a .300ish BA with a very high OBP. Maybe not this year, but Kim has not even begun to show what he is capable of. A confident Kim is the Orioles

starting left fielder and if he's going to be as good as I think he will be, I hope he will be our left fielder for many years to come.

You know I'm rooting for him but I don't think 20-30 is a reasonable number. I'm thinking 12-18.

You know I'm rooting for him but I don't think 20-30 is a reasonable number. I'm thinking 12-18.

Yeah I'm thinking 10-15 HRs. His exit velocity seems to already be there (mid 90s) so it would seem that if he is able to adjust his swing, we should hopefully see some power. It's encouraging that in the article he says that he knows what he has to do to fix his swing.

I think you're selling him short there. Both Lee and Park are showing early on that KBO power translates better to MLB than previously thought. Kim isn't confident and I don't think we can blame him all things considered. I

don't think it's unreasonable at all. Park and Lee's power are translating early on to the majors, so why can't Kim's? Park has already hit one of the longest home runs in Target Field history. Kim is playing in a much smaller

home ballpark now as well, so I don't think it's unreasonable at all that Kim can hit around 25 a year give or take a few.

I'm without a TV (for too long now..)' date=' how did Kim look?[/quote']

Kirby positions him all the time. He does not look as bad as Delmon did. At the plate, I would say he has a good eye, but is confused by the velocity differentials of the pitches and hits down on most balls. Runs hard, if not fast.

Rickard's been picking it up recently. 5-11 with 3 walks. Alvarez has produced. Reimold. They basically have four guys for two positions. Good problem to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rickard looked stellar in the field today.

Archived