vs. ATHLETICS, 5/07 DH Gm.1

Sessh

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think that's kind of a hindsight call...wouldn't really expect the runner on 1st to tag there, and it was a really close play at 3rd

He didn't do a good job of setting himself up for throw, can't assume anything.

He also did a terrible job of setting up for the throw. No momentum at all behind it .

Right. Really poor footwork. It took him like 3 steps to unload the ball after catching it because his feet were so poorly positioned. An earlier release would've nailed him.

With all due respect, if you throw form RF to 3rd base you ALWAYS expect the runner to advance. Thats why you throw to the cut off man.

Maybe the throw was a bit high, but if you throw directly to the cut off man, chances are you wont get either out.

Runner on 1st is always gonna tag if throw is going to 3rd.

Nobody would care if he got the out at 3rd. As it stands he missed getting the out by a split second and everyone has a vendetta against Rickard.

Maybe the throw was a bit high, but if you throw directly to the cut off man, chances are you wont get either out.

I agree. You'd give up 3B to keep the runner at 1st. Kind of a gray area to me. He almost had him at 3rd. Quicker release...

Archived