Seriously, we can't plate one run in 5 innings against 5 mostly mediocre relievers?

FanSince88

Talk about a feast or famine offense! With the exception of Harris, the houston relievers we've seen tonight are scrubs. This is ridiculous. I get having struggles against a bad starter having a hot night. But you can't four different bad relievers? Come on.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our hitters look really really bad.

Jones has had two good weeks the entire year and the rest of the season he's been abysmal.

Rickard is turning back into a pumpkin, flaherty is a nightmare and buck refuses to play Kim who may actually make better consistent contact than anyone on the entire team.

Yes, it's one game, but it could very well be a harbinger of doom based off of trends we are starting to see.

Tillman pitched grade, bullpen was fantastic and we still lost. Also, jones is about as far from a "gold glove" in centerfield as I am right now.

Our hitters look really really bad.

Jones has had two good weeks the entire year and the rest of the season he's been abysmal.

Rickard is turning back into a pumpkin, flaherty is a nightmare and buck refuses to play Kim who may actually make better consistent contact than anyone on the entire team.

Yes, it's one game, but it could very well be a harbinger of doom based off of trends we are starting to see.

Tillman pitched grade, bullpen was fantastic and we still lost. Also, jones is about as far from a "gold glove" in centerfield as I am right now.

And Buck's not happy about the 19 K's. We need a better approach per Buck.

We have a team of sluggers. The Red Sox have a team of hitters. There's a difference. Our guys feast on mistakes. We hit 2 homers and scored 2 runs. It was almost good enough. We were lucky in went extras. Houston hit two balls hard with a man on 3rd in the 9th inning and another later on.

A middle of the lineup with Chris Davis, Mark Trumbo, and Pedro Alvarez will be tough to watch at times. If all three of those guys are cold, it will look ugly.

People aren't going to want to hear it, but you're right.

Archived