Adam Jones really looks lost at the plate.

flaoriolesfan

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adam can't seem to identify the spin on the slider, so anything thrown to him that starts out on the outside corner he just needs to let go. Some will be called strikes but most will be balls of the plate.

A day off couldn't hurt. Adam has always run hot an cold. He was great for the first two weeks of May.

Don't forget Davis also. Jones seems to be getting a lot more heat than Davis. But Davis is playing just as bad. Is that because Jones is more vocal and stands out more than Davis? He needs to sit once in a while too.

Davis is not anywhere near as bad, his plate discipline actually seems improved. Lacking HRs, but walking.

I'm sick and tired of him swinging at pitches three feet off the plate and hitting into double plays. I have not seen a player in this much of a funk in a long time. He is an automatic out every time he approaches the plate. Sit him down for an extended period of time. I don't want to hear how we will miss him on defense. Believe me it's overrated, he misplays fly balls and for every runner he throws out at the play, he bobbles five that he could have made a throw on or its a terrible throw

Adam Jones is not getting benched. He is just in a slump. He will get break out of it. People on here sure are fickle.

Adam Jones is not getting benched. He is just in a slump. He will get break out of it. People on here sure are fickle.
Also this must be their first season watching Jones play. He gets in these funks every tear.

I wouldn't want to bench Jones. Nobody else plays CF as well.

This. An outfield alignment of Kim-Rickard-Trumbo would be the worst defensive OF in the majors. When you consider how much the bottom of the rotation has struggled over the last couple weeks, it's just a recipe for disaster. They just need to drop him down the lineup for a few days until he snaps out of his funk.

Davis is not anywhere near as bad, his plate discipline actually seems improved. Lacking HRs, but walking.

I meant to put in my post the last couple of series. Got ahead of myself a little bit. Good point about the walks though.

Jones is on pace for 38 walks which unfortunately would be a career high for him.

I meant to put in my post the last couple of series. Got ahead of myself a little bit. Good point about the walks though.

Jones is on pace for 38 walks which unfortunately would be a career high for him.

That would be a fortunate thing wouldn't it? Career high! YAY!

Archived