Red Sox Series Preview

Frobby

I'm not playing the victim here. Just tired of reading your knit-picking foolishness and taking another posters reply to me and using it to state your case. I made a statement and I stand by it. It's that simple and I give a rats ass if you think it's absurd or not.

Nothing of this sort happened.

You stated that the Red Sox would have the division wrapped up in 2 weeks (June 13th), and I (and Frobby) commented as to how ridiculous of an assertion that was.

There was no nit-picking. It was plain, simple, and direct.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your entitled to your opinion and I have mine. It's really that simple.

Correct.

Except that all opinions are not equal, regardless of what JTrea thought.

Your opinion in this particular matter (your assertion that the Red Sox wil have the division wrapped up in 2 weeks) has no basis in reality, as I pointed out in my previous post about the Red Sox' biggest lead that they could possibly have at that point (June 13th.)

If we are 8 back on June 13th with this pitching staff, it is over.

If the Orioles are 8 back on June 13th, the most that the Blue Jays could possibly be back is 6 and-a-half back.

You said that the Red Sox would have the division wrapped up by then (June 13th.)

Being ahead by 6 and-a-half games and 8 games over the two nearest teams with 100 games left to be played is a clear advantage and a leg up, it is not wrapped up.

Also, we're speaking in terms of the absolute best-case scenario for you, which would be that the Red Sox would win every game between now and then, the Orioles would lose every game between now and then, and the Blue Jays would lose every game that they played between now and then except for the 4 games in which that they play against the Orioles. The chances of that happening are almost nil.

Very pessimistic take by both of you, IMO. I like our odds the next two days just fine. Not so crazy about Ubaldo's chances on Thursday.

Put the kool-aid down. I think I've watched enough baseball over the years to know mediocrity when I see it. Looks like a team fast heading south unfortunately. The Sawx will have this division wrapped up within two weeks.

It's 2 weeks later. The Red Sox do not have the division wrapped up.

According to ESPN, matchups for the June 14-16 series are Tillman vs. Price, Gausman vs. Wright, and ??? vs. Rodriguez. So, it seems Wilson is either being flip-flopped with Gausman or skipped.

It's important for the O's to bounce back after losing the final three to Toronto. It won't be easy, though the Sox have played just so-so ball (4-4) since we last saw them.

According to ESPN, matchups for the June 14-16 series are Tillman vs. Price, Gausman vs. Wright, and ??? vs. Rodriguez. So, it seems Wilson is either being flip-flopped with Gausman or skipped.

It's important for the O's to bounce back after losing the final three to Toronto. It won't be easy, though the Sox have played just so-so ball (4-4) since we last saw them.

Michael Wright would be on regular rest on Thursday. If Tillman and Gausman can hold it down, then Buck can choose between Wright and Wilson. Or he could use both on Thursday and start Worley on Friday.

Have to take advantage of Tillman and Gausman pitching, although Wright will probably dominate the lineup with his flaky knuckler.

Have to take advantage of Tillman and Gausman pitching, although Wright will probably dominate the lineup with his flaky knuckler.

With Gausman pitching we have to expect no runs. Wright (Sox) will easily dominate for 9 innings. Going to be lucky to salvage a game in my opinion. 2-5 road trip with Toronto coming back for 3 could mean 3rd place by the time the Jays leave town. Jays have Philly all weekend.

With Gausman pitching we have to expect no runs. Wright (Sox) will easily dominate for 9 innings. Going to be lucky to salvage a game in my opinion. 2-5 road trip with Toronto coming back for 3 could mean 3rd place by the time the Jays leave town. Jays have Philly all weekend.

tumblr_nztdzqmVHo1rfd7lko1_400.gif

I'm hoping seeing it for the second time in two weeks, we will be able to handle it a bit.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Just as a sidebar for the series....Jim Shaughnessy had a nice article in the Boston Globe about Jim Palmer today....

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/redsox/2016/06/13/jim-palmer-one-baseball-timeless-treasures/kYlqqaGFQZbWHPRacgEGpO/story.html?p1=Article_Recirculation_Pos1#comments

Great article.

And great to know we get Jim in the booth the next three nights!

Great article.

And great to know we get Jim in the booth the next three nights!

I liked the comments from Boston fans at the end of the article too. Many of them reminiscing positively about the 1970s era teams.

Archived