Duquette Run Is Over

FSUBobcat7

We have VERY different takes on where our organizational depth really is right now.

I'm not talking about budding stars. I'm alking about Janish coming up and flawlessly shoreing up the defense til JJ get backs in. And granted, someone said 1 injury to the rotation right now... That's been and odd circumstance for Dan since he's been here. I'm talking about keeping a valid 25 man roster no matter what. His vaunted 40, 50, 60 man roster.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can stop being a condescending jerk. I'm certainly old enough to remember Pat Gillick. Any other asinine remarks/assumptions you want to make?
Yes, why would you not want the guy who built the 116 W team in SEA to have stayed with the O's to do that for us, before the 14 years of darkness? Your whole rant ignores the PA factor, which is the main reason we have been so bad and no GM has been able to overcome it. DD has done the best job since Gillick. And since you feel free to call me a condescending jerk, allow me to call you a pompous ass.

I said it before and I still believe it.

Andy and DD both need to be given credit.

Andy started rebuilding a very bad organization with a meddlesome owner that over micromanaged.

He changed the owner's handling of the team and he also got the owner to invest some real money into Sarasota and a real training facility and was no longer the worse in Florida.

DD has come in and took the reins and this is where the team is at now.

The Jim Johnson trade worked out for us. Joe Saunders and Kelly Johnson were nice little trades. Andrew Miller helped us win the ALDS. Trumbo is looking good. Getting Chris Lee, Gunkel, and Rich Rodriguez were nice little moves too.

Also Norris trade helped us win the Division. Miller trade got us into second round of playoffs.

Winning has made this board unbearable at times. Ironically.

For some people, being an Orioles fan is like being in a bad marriage. Tolerable, even great, when everything is going smoothly, but the slightest turbulence brings up a litany of stale grievances that should have been left behind a long time ago.

Also Norris trade helped us win the Division. Miller trade got us into second round of playoffs.

Let's not forget that Arretia trade got us Clevenger who got us Trumbo.Makes that trade a little more even as nobody not even the Cubs saw Arretia as#1 start at the time of the trade.

We would have won the division without Bud Norris.

Norris put 1.9 WAR that season and won 15 games. No Norris no division. And all we gave up was a guy we picked up in the 19th round the year before and LJ Hoes. Great trade.

Let's not forget that Arretia trade got us Clevenger who got us Trumbo.Makes that trade a little more even as nobody not even the Cubs saw Arretia as#1 start at the time of the trade.

Pretty sure the Trumbo deal could have been accomplished with someone other than Clevenger as the centerpiece.

Norris put 1.9 WAR that season and won 15 games. No Norris no division. And all we gave up was a guy we picked up in the 19th round the year before and LJ Hoes. Great trade.

You could have had Gausman start the year in the rotation instead of bouncing him all over the place.

I'm sure you could have found someone to replace the rest of the starts.

It was a horrible trade.

We also gave up a first round draft pick in that trade. And that 19th round draft pick is some guy named Josh Hader.

Didn't we win the division by 15 games? We win the division with ease without Bud Norris. Other guys would have picked up those 15 wins, so I'm not sure why you find that relevant.

Archived