Duquette Run Is Over

FSUBobcat7

You could have had Gausman start the year in the rotation instead of bouncing him all over the place.

I'm sure you could have found someone to replace the rest of the starts.

Gausman made 20 starts in 2014. I don't know how many more you expected to make. But he couldn't have replaced Bud Norris' 28 starts. Yeah you could have let Jiminez start all year. And bring up some journey man from Triple A to start or perhaps Matusz to start the rest. But you wouldn't have won the division if you did that.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gausman made 20 starts in 2014. I don't know how many more you expected to make. But he couldn't have replaced Bud Norris' 28 starts. Yeah you could have let Jiminez start all year. And bring up some journey man from Triple A to start or perhaps Matusz to start the rest. But you wouldn't have won the division if you did that.

WTH are you talking about?

The O's won the division by 12 games!

You even said Norris was a ~2 win pitcher.

You are saying that a 2 win pitcher is actually worth 12 games in the standings?

It was a horrible trade.

We also gave up a first round draft pick in that trade. And that 19th round draft pick is some guy named Josh Hader.

Didn't we win the division by 15 games? We win the division with ease without Bud Norris. Other guys would have picked up those 15 wins, so I'm not sure why you find that relevant.

Wait isn't this the same Josh Hader that is only in Double A? The guy who is on zero top 100 prospect lists. Oh and that pick we gave up the Astros used it to select Daz Cameron who is currently in low A with an OPS of .422. So far the Astros havne't gotten anything back on their major league team.

Wait isn't this the same Josh Hader that is only in Double A? Oh and that pick we gave up the Astros used it to select Daz Cameron who is currently in low A with an OPS of .422. So far the Astros havne't gotten anything back on their major league team.

That could not be more irrelevant.

Wait isn't this the same Josh Hader that is only in Double A? The guy who is on zero top 100 prospect lists. Oh and that pick we gave up the Astros used it to select Daz Cameron who is currently in low A with an OPS of .422. So far the Astros havne't gotten anything back on their major league team.

Well, he's 22, so that's a pretty good excuse to be in AA. He probably deserves to be in the majors by now. He's absolutely dominating AA.

And the Astros actually took Derek Fisher with that pick, who has an .894 OPS in AA at age 22. The point is that we gave up what's basically a first round pick as a "throw in" for Bud Norris.

That could not be more irrelevant.

You mean we got a guy who put 15 wins and a 1.9 WAR in 2014 and the Astros who made the trade in 2013 have gotten a total of .1 WAR out of the deal makes no relevance to the trade

You mean we got a guy who put 15 wins and a 1.9 WAR in 2014 and the Astros who made the trade in 2013 have gotten a total of .1 WAR out of the deal makes no relevance to the trade

No, let me try again.

The player the Astros picked is very unlikely to be the same guy the O's would have picked. So you can not just look at what he has done. There is also the matter of the pool money allocation which folks keep forgetting about when discussing draft picks.

You do know, that Clevenger is on their 25 man roster?

And the Mariners were trying to trade for Clevenger during the season last year year. They wanted him specifically. Not a good trade on their part.

The same Josh Hader that is doing his 3rd year of AA ball? :scratchchinhmm:

Something is strange about that. I saw that the other day. The only thing I could think of is that they want to wait and use his "years of control" until they are good. But still why not AAA?

Archived