Duquette Run Is Over

FSUBobcat7

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, they don't, I suspect if you ask Drungo, the chances are that a AA prospect in his 3rd season there, isn't going to make the jump to the bigs.

Did you miss my post about Colorado Springs?

It's 6,531 feet above sea level. (Coors is 5,200 feet)

Would you send your top pitching prospect there?

Let's not forget that Arretia trade got us Clevenger who got us Trumbo.Makes that trade a little more even as nobody not even the Cubs saw Arretia as#1 start at the time of the trade.

We need to trade Clevenger more often

Did you miss my post about Colorado Springs?

It's 6,531 feet above sea level. (Coors is 5,200 feet)

Would you send your top pitching prospect there?

And we have a winner. I like to lie to myself and say this is why none of our prospects ever hit in Norfolk. Park factors.

No, they don't, I suspect if you ask Drungo, the chances are that a AA prospect in his 3rd season there, isn't going to make the jump to the bigs.

I disagree w/ Drungo heavily in this case. He's logged < 200 IP (175 to be exact). He just turned 22 in April. In AA he has a 2.78 ERA, 1.171 WHIP, 10.7 SO/9, 3.5 BB/9, 7.0 H/9 and 0.6 HR over the course of "3" seasons. Those numbers are pretty special.

Now that many people who do rankings have stopped deluding themselves into thinking Hader is nothing but a reliever or even a loogy, you're going to see him top 50 on a lot of mid season lists.Why it took them so long to stop deluding themselves, I don't know. As far as triple AAA goes, Can_of_Corn is correct. Hader is a fly ball pitcher, sending him to Colorado would likely ruin him mentally or cause him to make unnecessary changes to his mechanics. I'd expect him up anytime June 15th or after, after all there's not much he can do to improve on his

.88ERA, 2.23FIP, 11.47K/9

Think it's safe to say the DD Era has run it's course. This guy gave into pressures of players and management - signed CDwhich is a joke. Then they give up 14 for Gallardo who can't break 85 mph. None of their young pitchers we have seen so far in this Boston series are even half decent. WTH is going on with our Minor League system/Instructors?

I don't care about the O's having best record in American League over last few years. This roster is a joke. Totally feel sorry for Buck. If I were him I wouldn't even come back in 2017.

Blow it up after this year get a new manager and general manager and try and get some draft picks back.

Time to start from scratch.

Amen to that.

Now that many people who do rankings have stopped deluding themselves into thinking Hader is nothing but a reliever or even a loogy, you're going to see him top 50 on a lot of mid season lists.Why it took them so long to stop deluding themselves, I don't know. As far as triple AAA goes, Can_of_Corn is correct. Hader is a fly ball pitcher, sending him to Colorado would likely ruin him mentally or cause him to make unnecessary changes to his mechanics. I'd expect him up anytime June 15th or after, after all there's not much he can do to improve on his

.88ERA, 2.23FIP, 11.47K/9

Plenty of pitchers do well in AA and stink in the majors. The point is 4 years after the trade and he hasn't made it above AA and you would think the way people on here talk he is a combination of Mike Trout and David Price. Why do you guys follow his career so closely? I am guessing you guys are hoping he becomes an ace so you can continue to complain about if for years to come. And the Arreita thing.. He was pitching like Jimenez is now.

I agree that whether a prospect succeeds or fails is perhaps not the best way to judge whether you got value for the trade when it occurred. But you don't need to factor in what Hader is currently doing to hate the Norris trade. Bud Norris was a below average pitcher then and now. And we paid him the market rate for his productivity, AND gave up prospects and draft picks for the privilege of paying him that rate. There was no meat left on the bone of his contract when we made the trade. It was a bad trade the second we made it, independent of anything Hader has since done.

Plenty of pitchers do well in AA and stink in the majors. The point is 4 years after the trade and he hasn't made it above AA and you would think the way people on here talk he is a combination of Mike Trout and David Price. Why do you guys follow his career so closely? I am guessing you guys are hoping he becomes an ace so you can continue to complain about if for years to come. And the Arreita thing.. He was pitching like Jimenez is now.

I'm guessing they follow the minor leagues closely and can't help but read about him.

Archived