Nick Cafardo: Dan Duquette Is 'One Of The Best GMs In The Game'

PressBoxOnline

You seriously think Angelos is telling Duquette to extend Jones during his prime, sign O'Day for another 4 years, extend JJ Hardy?

I mean, a glaring example would be Nick Markakis. And where is he? Markakis was Angelos's Greek Golden Child. And now he's playing with the Braves because the Orioles didn't want to give him an extra year because of the concerns surrounding his neck. But if Angelos had so much control...wouldn't he be an O regardless?

I don't buy it.

I seriously think that PA has established guidelines for Duquette and has done so since day one. How detailed they were/are is unknown. Duquette clearly has a lot of flexibility, but do you seriously think that flexibility is absolute?

If I were Duquette, I wouldn't have offered Markakis a single year much less three under the circumstances. I think the offer that was made speaks more to the likelihood of PA's involvement than not. That a fourth year was not forthcoming could easily speak to PA's historic reluctance to spend money on injured players as well as a reputation for disliking being the victim of highway robbery.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I happy that you are so sure about something that you nothing about, you'll sleep better that way
"Davis talked about a few conversations he had during the 2014 season and after last season with Orioles managing partner Peter Angelos. Davis said he left a phone conversation with Angelos that took place not long after the 2015 season ended confident he would remain an Oriole."http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2016/01/after-the-press-conference-chris-davis-mentioned-peter-angelos-david-price-and-one-fan.html "•Give owner Peter Angelos credit, writes Peter Schmuck of the Baltimore Sun. As has long been reported, he was the driving force in keeping negotiations with Davis alive." http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/peter-angelos Numerous reports to this effect at the .You're the one who seems uninformed.

Archived