Who plays Shortstop during Machado suspension.

atomic

Is it out of the question Hardy will be back by the time Manny starts his suspension? Odor didn't start his suspension until ten days after the Bautista fight. The sentencing and appeal process can take a pretty long time to sort out.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Manny did not have the history with the thrown bat, I'd say 1 game. However, I think it will be 3 given the circumstances. Positives for Manny include Ventura's history and the fact it was the third time he'd thrown at him in the game. There should have been a warning immediately after the 2nd pitch before Manny's flyout.

I'm guessing Ventura gets a minimum of 10 games for this.

When you watch it, technically Ventura not only threw the heat at Manny, he also swung at Manny first. He missed and Manny came back and landed - but Ventura definitely swung first.

True, but the same was true of Odor. Bautista was the first to cock his fist, but he was slow to punch and Odor landed the big blow and got the big suspension. I do think Odor was the instigator and although Manny charged the mound it was Ventura who instigated by repeatedly throwing at him.

By the way, both benches should have been warned on the very first inside pitch and maybe none of this happens. It is shockingly bad game management to me that Ventura at the least was not immediately ejected upon hitting Manny, but the umps just watched it happen.

Odor's appeal happened 9 days after the original incident. Doubtful Hardy can be back in 9 days. Does Machado count against the 25 man roster while he's suspended? I could see Urrutia getting DFA'd and us either adding a guy like Schoop, Joseph, Ozzie Martinez or G.Rosa to the roster for a few games. Or we could claim a guy off waivers or sign a vet FA that's out there. Guys in the milb could have June 15 opt outs or something.

Odor's appeal happened 9 days after the original incident. Doubtful Hardy can be back in 9 days. Does Machado count against the 25 man roster while he's suspended? I could see Urrutia getting DFA'd and us either adding a guy like Schoop, Joseph, Ozzie Martinez or G.Rosa to the roster for a few games. Or we could claim a guy off waivers or sign a vet FA that's out there. Guys in the milb could have June 15 opt outs or something.

Didnt the Orioles bring up a body to replace Davis, when Davis was suspended?

I dont think it counts against the 25 man roster, but it doesn't help with the 40 man roster.

Archived