How Many Games?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. How Many Games?

• 2-3
    • 4-5
    • 6-7
    • 8+

This poll is closed to new votes

I voted that Machado would receive a 5 to 6 game suspension.

However, I forgot about the 5 game suspension that He received for bat throwing incident a few seasons ago.

Because of the previous offense, I think that Machado will get at least 7 days.

Ventura had a seven game suspension last year for his part in a brawl with the CWS.

I see a double digit suspension in his future( 10 to 15 games), and it would be much deserved.

While I can understand Machado's reaction, charging the mound is going to result in a suspension.

Hopefully, the Orioles will play well without his services and being down a player for a week.

My only issue with Machado was his failure to run out the routine fly ball that he hit his first time up.

IMO, he let Ventura get into his head by lingering at the plate and jawing with him.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not sure if this is a silly question or not but would this be a good time for Angelos to get involved?

Not quite sure what he could do that someone who has a track record of handling MLB appeals can't do. This isn't asbestos.

I think Manny gets 3 games or so. Sucks that he'll miss some of Boston and/or Toronto. Maybe the appeal can stretch things out a bit and he can make the Boston series at least.

I think he will likely get 5-8 games and deservedly so. I get that you're angry but that's the kind of reaction a lunatic like Ventura wants. Let him get ejected and suspended. Baseball brawls are silly, especially when no one involved knows how to throw a proper punch, Odor excluded.

Machado SHOULD get like a medal or something from MLB for slugging that turd in the face.

Most likely it's around 4 games, give or take one. Kind of depends on how much weight that Turd's provocation carries. I'm guessing not much, but perhaps? Idiot Headhunter is a lock for 10-11 games. I'd go 15 but that's me. I'll concede I'm biased.

And LOL at Sal Perez. Machado is limping out to the mound because the fastball stung and he still didn't stop Machado. Initially I thought it was done to make sure Manny did enough to get ejected and suspended. Maybe he wanted the Turd who was pitching to get a beating. Who knows.

I think the KC catcher bear hugged him from behind and slung him down, which is very easy to do even to someone much larger than you -- especially if they're off balance.

Manny decked Ventura and it was awesome.

What kind of a guy is Ventura, anyway? Throwing inside, inside, WAY inside... the hitter stares at you... and you DRILL him on his next at-bat? Guy needs mental help.

Watching the video, you see venturas neck whip around at warp speed when manny connects. A little hard to believe there are people on social media, albeit a minority, claiming manny didn't get him.

BTW, Harold Reynolds thinks Jones asked for it by jawing at Ventura after his previous AB. I'm sure Harold was hit by a few pitches. You'll find people on both sides of this, whether they played MLB or never played anything more than Little League.

Still don't gear up to 99 if you're gonna hit a guy.

Watching the video, you see venturas neck whip around at warp speed when manny connects. A little hard to believe there are people on social media, albeit a minority, claiming manny didn't get him.

His wrist connected with the side of Venturas face a bit, the end result had the impact of a shove more than anything, both of them were way off balance in their attempts at "punches". No real damage was done to anyone. If Ventura was going to "learn a lesson" it didn't happen last night.

It was no Odor punch, but by basebrawl standards even a glancing blow is pretty decent. I'd say at least 75 percent of all punches thrown during baseball dust ups are total wiffs, so Manny did alright.

And LOL at Sal Perez. Machado is limping out to the mound because the fastball stung and he still didn't stop Machado. Initially I thought it was done to make sure Manny did enough to get ejected and suspended. Maybe he wanted the Turd who was pitching to get a beating. Who knows.

That's an interesting take. Maybe it's a little of both. Teach Ventura a lesson and get Manny suspended.

It was no Odor punch, but by basebrawl standards even a glancing blow is pretty decent. I'd say at least 75 percent of all punches thrown during baseball dust ups are total wiffs, so Manny did alright.

It's all fun and games until Manny connects with an "awesome" punch to Ventura's face and breaks his wrist.

I've wanted to see a batter pick up the ball that drilled him and fire it back at the pitcher. Would seem fitting, eye for an eye type deal.

It's all fun and games until Manny connects with an "awesome" punch to Ventura's face and breaks his wrist.

Or he swings and misses, spins, and blows out his knee again. I dunno, once the decision is made to charge the mound- and I'm fine with it in this instance- any number of things can happen. Just part of it. I figure you might as well try to get your money's worth if you are going to do it.

And I agree throwing the ball back would be funny.

Archived