How Many Games?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. How Many Games?

• 2-3
    • 4-5
    • 6-7
    • 8+

This poll is closed to new votes

Looking at the video it seems clear Trumbo was going at KC as well. How long will Trumbo's suspension be, because I bet he gets one. Also, would the O's play some tricks to make sure that the two wouldn't have to serve their suspensions at the same time, like appealing Manny's but not appealing Trumbo's?

I don't see what you see.

I don't believe Trumbo will get any time off for his actions. IMO

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, FP Santangelo (Nats tv color man who said he loves how Manny handled it) brought up the point that the DH rule allows AL pitchers to throw at batters with impunity.

Of course it doesn't work out that way in real life. Since 2000 the NL has seen 4.48 HBP per 500 batters, the AL 4.50. Unless by "with impunity" Santangelo means one additional HBP per 25,000 PAs.

Looking at the video it seems clear Trumbo was going at KC as well. How long will Trumbo's suspension be, because I bet he gets one. Also, would the O's play some tricks to make sure that the two wouldn't have to serve their suspensions at the same time, like appealing Manny's but not appealing Trumbo's?

Did you see Donaldson and Pillar in the Jays/Rangers brawl? They didn't get suspended. Trumbo isn't getting suspended.

The Baltimore Orioles’ Manny Machado now has free seafood for life after partaking in a brawl between his team and the Kansas City Royals Tuesday.

For those who missed it, Machado took a 99-mph fastball in the back Tuesday and decided to take retribution into his own hands by charging the mound:

MLB won’t like it, but Baltimore restaurant Jimmy’s Famous Seafood sure did.

Here’s how the lifetime offer came about:

Follow

Jimmy's Seafood @JimmysSeafood

Done! We love old school real men in 2016, when everyone is SAWFT! https://twitter.com/b_smooth011/status/740346184531910656

8:58 PM - 7 Jun 2016

Free crab cakes, steamed crabs, and meal prep FOR LIFE for Manny Machado. Real man - definitely not SAWFT!!!

9:01 PM - 7 Jun 2016

626 626 Retweets 563 563 likes

Call it the start of a new trend, as just last month a Texas BBQ joint offered Rougned Odor free BBQ for life after he slugged Jose Bautista in the jaw.

Machado undoubtedly has a fine and suspension on the way, but he has somewhere to go for good eats while he misses time.

Of course it doesn't work out that way in real life. Since 2000 the NL has seen 4.48 HBP per 500 batters, the AL 4.50. Unless by "with impunity" Santangelo means one additional HBP per 25,000 PAs.

I think he meant with impunity to himself (Ventura). There are guys (Ventura) who don't care about their teammates. The punishment in the AL goes to the pitchers' teammates. It's not like there are a lot of guys like Ventura running around in the majors.

I think he meant with impunity to himself (Ventura). There are guys (Ventura) who don't care about their teammates. The punishment in the AL goes to the pitchers' teammates. It's not like there are a lot of guys like Ventura running around in the majors.

Which is why the punishment for repeated headhunting offenses needs to ramp up. 30 days suspension worth of league minimum salary is something like $100k in lost wages. If he starts at 1/6th of his annual wages for this offense, then 50%, then 100% he might think twice. Might.

All I see is him pushing away a KC coach, apparently to protect a pitcher (looks to be Mike Wright, tall guy with 'stache in jacket). Nothing wrong with that.

The only other player I see at risk is Davis, depending on what he did to Ventura when he went flying into the scuffle. Unfortunately you can't see anything on the available replay but it's possible they have a camera angle in the NY office that might have something.

Which is why the punishment for repeated headhunting offenses needs to ramp up. 30 days suspension worth of league minimum salary is something like $100k in lost wages. If he starts at 1/6th of his annual wages for this offense, then 50%, then 100% he might think twice. Might.

His last suspension was 7 days, so I said at least double that. 30 days is fine by me. It would certainly send him and his team a message loud and clear.

Archived