Chris Davis out of the lineup

weams

I noticed on the TV tonight Coolbaugh was in his ear for a long time. Chris was nodding politely but it seemed he wasn't all that keen on the lecture he was getting. I wonder if his "rest" wasn't just about his thumb.

So you think a little known hitting coach is going to get mad and has the authority to bench a guy we just paid mega millions to? Really? Maybe back in the day, but I highly doubt that happens any more. Buck is one of the few managers that could do something like that but he's not going to PO Davis because there's a disagreement with the hitting coach.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So you think a little known hitting coach is going to get mad and has the authority to bench a guy we just paid mega millions to? Really? Maybe back in the day, but I highly doubt that happens any more. Buck is one of the few managers that could do something like that but he's not going to PO Davis because there's a disagreement with the hitting coach.
I think if Buck wanted CD to think about some adjustments he might need to make because after all he hasn't been doing so well lately, he might have wanted to give Chris an opportunity to watch a game with his hitting coach and get some insight, yes.

Coolbaugh and Davis have worked together for years. Even before Scott was here but Chris was an O. They could have been talking about anything.
Sur but it sure didn't look like the weather, and Cdidn't look real happy about what he was hearing.

Yes I stand corrected, it wasn't a shot like Flaherty hit, though. There are majestic pop ups, so that's probably not the best choice of words.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

A ball hit about 400 feet long and God only knows how high it went is magestic. That's no rationalization. It is what it is and nothing else needs to be said.

Coolbaugh and Davis have worked together for years. Even before Scott was here but Chris was an O. They could have been talking about anything.

He was also spotted talking with buck in the dugout and laughing. I think some of this body language analysis is a bit much.

He was also spotted talking with buck in the dugout and laughing. I think some of this body language analysis is a bit much.

According to some body language interpretation books I read around age 19, especially the way he twirled a strand of hair around his finger while talking to Coolbaugh, I think it means Davis is single and looking to mingle.

A ball hit about 400 feet long and God only knows how high it went is magestic. That's no rationalization. It is what it is and nothing else needs to be said.

I love it when a man takes command of a situation and speaks in absolutes. Thanks for the clarification. My point was it was catchable, probably an easier play than the Alvarez ball. I've seen majestic flyouts before. Sure, it was majestic.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Yes they could have. I see no reason to assume there was or is something going

on between those two.

Archived