2016 Oriole Draft Tracker

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
“The last three years have been the best years of my life,” he tweeted. “Being a Red Raider has fulfilled many of my life-long dreams. I have done things I could have never imagined and met people that I will never forget.

“I would like to thank the coaches, friends and teammates that have supported me through the years. I have decided to sign with the Arizona Diamondbacks and follow my dream of playing pro baseball. I will always be a Red Raider!”

While playing for Texas Tech made dreams come true for this group of upperclassmen, they also put Lubbock, Texas, on the map, as Smith noted after the game on Thursday. It’s not one of those historical markers on the side of the road to commemorate something from a long time ago that’s past its prime.

Thanks to the leadership from Gutierrez and the senior class overall, the Red Raiders, who are returning next season, know what it takes to be successful.

“You can learn so much from him,” Moseley said of his teammate whose only Division I offer came from Tech. “Gute shows that you can’t take anything for granted because someone is out there working just as hard as you. It tells a lot. He sets a good example and it’s heading in the right direction for them.”

I expect to hear the money within a couple days.

OMAHA — Ryan Moseley stood in front of his locker room inside TD Ameritrade Park and wiped his eyes.

Throughout the room his teammates hugged each other moments after the Red Raiders fell to Coastal Carolina 7-5 in the College World Series.

The junior’s time at Texas Tech was over.

“It’s been a great three years, but I mean it’s about time for me to start my professional career right now,” Moseley, the eighth-round draft pick to the Baltimore Orioles, said. “It’s been fun, all of this, but I think it’s the right time. I’ve accomplished a lot at this school. It’s my dream to play here. I’ve done what I’ve needed to do. It’s been fun.”

That is pretty certain if you asked me.

If that's the case, we really don't have any savings for overslots. Unless they are trying to get Palmeiro to accept an underslot deal; which may be why it's taking so long to sign him...

I'm inclined to think that they have done most of what they are going to do in that regard.

Do we have any chance of signing Blohm, Bakst, Mauch or Brecht?

Doesn't seem like we'll have a ton of money left over after the top 10.

Maybe Blohm. Unlikely that any other high schooler signs. Not sure what the deal is with Bonilla.

Archived