Gausman is beginning to remind me of Guthrie

Frobby

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the current expectations for Gausman are way too high.

He's been hammered in a couple outings against the Red Sox's league best offense. He has a 3.00 ERA against everyone else. I think he's been pretty good. We should not be expecting him to be an ace right now. A solid mid-rotation starter is all he is right now and all he can be expected to be until he proves solid command of three pitches.

Kevin Gausman has been far superior to this point in his career than Jake Arrieta ever was as an Oriole.

I don't see how he can be called solid when the season is more than a third over and he has yet to even win a game.

Latos won 6 for the White Sox this season, and they released him.

I can't believe that the White Sox released Mat Latos, while the Orioles are hanging on to a winless Kevin Gausman.

Don't theses teams know that the goal of baseball is to win games ???

Your performance as a starting pitching is clearly 30% how well you pitch, 20% how good your bullpen is, and 50% how well you inspire your hitters and defense. Pitchers that don't know this just obvious lack the will to win.

I wouldn't be concerned with the lack of wins if it wasn't for his 1.30 WHIP, 4.50 FIP, 1.6 HR/9, total lack of ability to throw a breaking or offspeed pitch for a strike. His zero wins are part of a larger picture that is concerning for a guy who was supposed to replace Chen and be our #1 starter.

Your performance as a starting pitching is clearly 30% how well you pitch, 20% how good your bullpen is, and 50% how well you inspire your hitters and defense. Pitchers that don't know this just obvious lack the will to win.

Mike Wright is 3-3.

Kevin Gausman is 0-4.

Even Ubaldo Jimenez has managed to win 3 games so far this season (3-7.)

I think that we sent the wrong guy to the bullpen.

Or they spent their formative years in their mom's basement playing video games instead of playing ball from sun up to sundown while chewing tobacco and shootin' marbles.

Last night's game was a case in point for the OP. Staked to a 3-0 lead and Gausman just seemed determined to cough it up.

I don't mean to make too much of this. Tillman coughed up a 3-0 lead on Sunday and the offense bailed him out. They didn't bail Gausman out. But I just feel like Gausman has trouble holding leads. He needs to learn how to bear down and shut the door.

Archived