Thursday, May 1st Rays @ O's

erb8472

MLB Gameday is showing back to back singles against Bradford. I can't see the game. Are the hits seeing eye grounders or solid legitimate shots?

The first one Roberts tried to backhand and flubbed. The second one was a slow roller through the 1b-2b hole.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Me? Sherril. But I'm pretty unconventional. I believe you use your best pitchers in the most cricital situations in the game.

But a normal manager? Bradford and I'd bring him in right after intentionally walking Crawford.

Bradford against Pena? That's a recipe for disaster. Lefties bash him around. I'd much prefer Walker against Crawford than Bradford against Pena.

Bradford against Pena? That's a recipe for disaster. Lefties bash him around. I'd much prefer Walker against Crawford than Bradford against Pena.

Pena has a .169 avg and .612 OPS versus righties this year. For whatever reason he's seeing lefties and hitting them much better than righties this year.

But the point is, in reality, Walker had to get BOTH Crawford and Pena. The whole point of putting Crawford on is to give Walker a shot to get out of the inning on one pitch and a chance to avoid facing EITHER of them if he can induce a double play ball.

As cold as he is I don't think Trembley wants to put the pressure on him. Torres was hot before he got called up and if he gets on you'd much rather have him on the bases than Scott.
PHing with no outs and nobody on in the 8th inning of a game you're down by 2 isn't very pressure-filled.

Just because it's possible that he might be unavailable for a day?
Yep. He and Fahey are no different, so if one of them can't play, get the other up. These guys get no rope to hang themselves. If they get dinged up at all, its too bad and not their fault, but they've gotta be healthy to have even the most miniscule amount of use to us.

PHing with no outs and nobody on in the 8th inning of a game you're down by 2 isn't very pressure-filled.

What I meant was, Trembley indicated he wanted to give him a day to clear his head. He might prefer to give him a full day. I think that's legit. Plus, right now Torres might be more likely to get on base and he would always be a better baserunner if he got on.

Pena has a .169 avg and .612 OPS versus righties this year. For whatever reason he's seeing lefties and hitting them much better than righties this year.

But the point is, in reality, Walker had to get BOTH Crawford and Pena. The whole point of putting Crawford on is to give Walker a shot to get out of the inning on one pitch and a chance to avoid facing EITHER of them if he can induce a double play ball.

No, there was already one out when Crawford batted. If Walker retired both him and Haynes, he wouldn't have to face Pena, at least not that inning with runners on base.

Archived