An ironic quote from Buck's first week in Baltimore

Frobby

I'm in Ashland right now :) posting from a coffee shop because the power is out all over the Richmond area right now.

Center of the Universe is a fantastic brewery. But not even in my top 3 in the Richmond area haha. I'd personally go:

1. Strangeways

2. Final Gravity

3/4. Hardywood/Ardent

Ashland is a very weird town. They consider themselves a train town, but are stringently against hi speed rail. I'm personally extremely in favor of it, but I understand the hurdle is the ever present "not in my backyard" mentality.

Wow, I'll have to get a hold of some beers from the first two. Because I've had several Hardwood beers and loved them all. Their gingerbread stout is IMO the best "dessert beer" in the world.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I'm in Ashland right now :) posting from a coffee shop because the power is out all over the Richmond area right now.

Center of the Universe is a fantastic brewery. But not even in my top 3 in the Richmond area haha. I'd personally go:

1. Strangeways

2. Final Gravity

3/4. Hardywood/Ardent

Ashland is a very weird town. They consider themselves a train town, but are stringently against hi speed rail. I'm personally extremely in favor of it, but I understand the hurdle is the ever present "not in my backyard" mentality.

Its a train town so long as the trains evoke the 1890's.

My parents lived there for awhile. Good restaurant next to the train station, can't recall the name.

Wow, I'll have to get a hold of some beers from the first two. Because I've had several Hardwood beers and loved them all. Their gingerbread stout is IMO the best "dessert beer" in the world.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

There is a great dessert beer from another close by brewery called Midnight. The beer is called "Christmas at Midnight", and I believe they make it twice a year, once in July (Xmas in July, I guess?) and once in December. It tastes like a snickerdoodle cookie.

The Final Gravity will require you to visit the brewery in Richmond because they are extremely small, they make about as much beer in a year as Hardywood does in a day. They do not bottle or can any of it, but everything they offer is top notch.

It got its start as a brew shop, selling supplies and ingredients, called Original Gravity. Later, they added their own brew operation and tasting room in the same building, called Final Gravity.

Their Grapefruit IPA is the best I've ever had.

Oh, and I forgot to mention Garden Grove in Carytown. That might actually bump its way up to number 3, they always have a couple truly unique beers unlike any I've ever had, and their tasting room staff are top notch and incredibly knowledgeable and helpful.

Chris Ray started out great here, his first two years for the team was outstanding and unfortunately for him, his lost his ability to pitch here.

Bell and Izturis was the scary ones in that lineup.

Great memory Frobby - even this 72 year old remembers it! We got some hairy guys!

Funny thing, I was walking to the gym yesterday and the name Chris Ray went through my head for some reason :scratchchinhmm:. He had such promise - went to see him pitch at Aberrrrrrrdeen and was impressed. I need to get to that brewery (cough bucket list cough). :hearts: :beerchug1:

I can't remember the yrar, but on the Boston radio broadcast they were talking about the Mother's day game a few years ago...names like Chris Ray, and Kevin Millar reminded me of how far this team has come.

The Mothers Day Massacre or as they like to call it The Mothers Day Miracle

http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/0/v20046311/bal-bos-red-sox-walk-off-with-mother-s-day-miracle-

Archived