Manny starts Suspension Today

weams

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the timing. The counterpoint to the position player/pitcher discrepancy when it comes to suspensions is that you can incorporate suspension days into "good practice" days off for position players. Particularly so for players like Manny where it would be hard for a manager to give him a day off otherwise.

I like the timing. The counterpoint to the position player/pitcher discrepancy when it comes to suspensions is that you can incorporate suspension days into "good practice" days off for position players. Particularly so for players like Manny where it would be hard for a manager to give him a day off otherwise.

That's really pretty deft for DD to pull off. With Manny's help. Buck had 5 bench players today, 4 tomorrow with Manny gone. Dan set it up and Manny cooperated. Manny is the FINAL word here and he fell right into line.

I get it now! I thought he'd finish tomorrow and then waive the appeal. Play the whole TOR series. but if he starts tomorrow he serves his 4 games tomorrow, Sun.-Wed. Off day Thursday. 4 games against TB in 3 days then.

I don't care for the fact that the other suspension was reduced without a hearing and that Buck and Manny already know this his won't be reduced.

I'd like someone to explain how this doesn't fall under: "Don't sue the other owners."

I think if you look at past history he got off light and maybe they **thought** he wouldn't have a chance. I still would have tried though, especially after they reduced from 9 to 8.

Archived