Manny starts Suspension Today

weams

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Buck is in a better position to understand the situation than you are. There is a lot of history to this that you don't know but he does.

Yeah, let's excuse Machado's actions entirely then as if it never happened and pretend we don't know why he was suspended. Let's let batters take a bat out to the mound if they get hit by a pitch too then. Just give

all hitters immunity if they get hit by a pitch so that way, they can go upside the pitcher's head with a bat and won't face any penalties at all. You don't have to be a manager to see what happened and even knowing

Ventura's history, it doesn't excuse the fact that Manny charged the mound and started a brawl when he could have chosen to just go down to first base. There's no suspension for that.

THURSDAY. He sits Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed. 4 games served. He could go to Bowie Thursday on the off-day. He'd burn an option.... I assume he still has one.

A player sent to the minors has to stay down 10 days, doesn't he?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Yeah, let's excuse Machado's actions entirely then as if it never happened and pretend we don't know why he was suspended. Let's let batters take a bat out to the mound if they get hit by a pitch too then. Just give

all hitters immunity if they get hit by a pitch so that way, they can go upside the pitcher's head with a bat and won't face any penalties at all. You don't have to be a manager to see what happened and even knowing

Ventura's history, it doesn't excuse the fact that Manny charged the mound and started a brawl when he could have chosen to just go down to first base. There's no suspension for that.

I don't know how you manage to construe this from what I said. Over react any? I haven't heard Buck say he didn't think Manny should be suspended. It does seem that were he allowed to he would have a lot more to say than he has. Some of it might even be illuminating to you, if that is possible.

I don't know how you manage to construe this from what I said. Over react any? I haven't heard Buck say he didn't think Manny should be suspended. It does seem that were he allowed to he would have a lot more to say than he has. Some of it might even be illuminating to you, if that is possible.

People, including Manny and Buck, seem to think Manny is being suspended because someone hit him with a pitch and people on here tend to be in general agreement with Buck. It completely glosses over the fact that

Manny isn't being suspended because someone hit him with a pitch, but he is being suspended for charging the mound and starting a brawl. Let's not forget also that Manny has a history of his own that he's

accumulating and played just as much a role in that brawl that Ventura did. Manny was pitched inside twice without being hit and his response was to pimp a fly ball and start yapping at Ventura on the way to the dugout.

Then, Manny gets hit for it and charges the mound and everyone is surprised he is getting four games? That's pretty absurd IMO. When people are cheering Manny on in his decision to do what he did, then that along with

Buck's words are excusing Manny from his actions by blaming it all on Ventura. How is this good?

Look at it this way. Ventura hit Manny with a pitch and risked injury to one player. By charging the mound, Manny emptied both dugouts and put every single one of those players at risk of injury because he couldn't just

take his base like 99% of other players do. The dugouts might still clear out if Manny doesn't charge, but there wouldn't have been a fight because even Ventura's teammates were against him and his actions. The bottom

line is Manny deserves the four games. I don't mind seeing a brawl every now and then, but don't whine and complain when you get a suspension because you feel like you were justified. If Manny didn't want a suspension,

he should have handled it differently. Manny isn't exactly the poster child for "handling things correctly", though. I don't think anyone else on the team would have charged the mound.

Can he go to Bowie Thursday and get some AB?

I don't think so.Since he is not on the DL they can't treat it like a rehab start. Manny does have minor league options, but if O's optioned him to Bowie on Thursday they couldn't recall him for 10 days. Hope I'm right about this stuff.

People, including Manny and Buck, seem to think Manny is being suspended because someone hit him with a pitch and people on here tend to be in general agreement with Buck. It completely glosses over the fact that

Manny isn't being suspended because someone hit him with a pitch, but he is being suspended for charging the mound and starting a brawl. Let's not forget also that Manny has a history of his own that he's

accumulating and played just as much a role in that brawl that Ventura did. Manny was pitched inside twice without being hit and his response was to pimp a fly ball and start yapping at Ventura on the way to the dugout.

Then, Manny gets hit for it and charges the mound and everyone is surprised he is getting four games? That's pretty absurd IMO. When people are cheering Manny on in his decision to do what he did, then that along with

Buck's words are excusing Manny from his actions by blaming it all on Ventura. How is this good?

Look at it this way. Ventura hit Manny with a pitch and risked injury to one player. By charging the mound, Manny emptied both dugouts and put every single one of those players at risk of injury because he couldn't just

take his base like 99% of other players do. The dugouts might still clear out if Manny doesn't charge, but there wouldn't have been a fight because even Ventura's teammates were against him and his actions. The bottom

line is Manny deserves the four games. I don't mind seeing a brawl every now and then, but don't whine and complain when you get a suspension because you feel like you were justified. If Manny didn't want a suspension,

he should have handled it differently. Manny isn't exactly the poster child for "handling things correctly", though. I don't think anyone else on the team would have charged the mound.

You're being ridiculous. I haven't seen any one express the idea that Manny is being suspended because he was hit by a pitch. That's utter nonsense. Can you quote a post that expresses that? Stop making things up to support your rant. My sense is that most people feel the fault lies more with Ventura and his suspension should be greater than it is in relation to Manny's. I don't think I have seen anyone say they thought Manny shouldn't be suspended at all.

A player sent to the minors has to stay down 10 days, doesn't he?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Ewww. I didn't think of that. :P

That's why Dan makes the big bucks.

And I buy Morgan silver dollars. When I can.

I basically agree with you. But the biggest blunder by Manny is the timing of this. He should have done this two years ago when

Kansas City was acting like a bunch of jerks against us. Now that they have won the world series, it's kind of meaningless.

Just saying... Manny didn't pitch at himself three times. Someone else did over the span of two at bats.

If Manny doesn't head to the mound, does Ventura get elected?

Yeah but Manny was staring down the pitcher after his fly ball to deep left field. He also has a history with Washington last year,

and throwing his bat against Oakland.

Just saying... Manny didn't pitch at himself three times. Someone else did over the span of two at bats.

If Manny doesn't head to the mound, does Ventura get elected?

Threw at him three times for no good reason that I know of. Did I miss something previous?

Threw at him three times for no good reason that I know of. Did I miss something previous?

Not to my knowledge. Just a shelling Ventura took leading up to the first inside pitch (okay, fine) followed by a second pitch that misses him further inside (worth a warning to Ventura and the KC bench) and then one that spikes the radar gun and Manny's guts.

If Manny doesn't force the issue though, does Ventura get tossed? I honestly don't know given the dubious determinations on sentence since then.

Yeah but Manny was staring down the pitcher after his fly ball to deep left field. He also has a history with Washington last year,

and throwing his bat against Oakland.

Ventura doesn't have impunity to be a one man fitting squad.

Archived