Option Gausman after Monday

eddie83

As mad as Orioles are at MLB it would be a nice way to say screw you. Like El Gordo was asking not even sure if he has to report or not.

Yep. Seems right up Dan's alley as well.

I have always wondered about the reporting requirements. Can we send an intern to punch a time clock?

Edited the above schedule to reflect the correct double header date, then worked it out to Gausman's return if he were hypothetically optioned. Because of the off day, you could keep everybody in normal rotation if you don't skip Despaigne. Then everybody would be pitching on 6 days rest. But that may be a good thing.

6/18 (TOR) Gallardo

6/19 (TOR) Tillman

6/20 (Tex makeup) Gausman

6/21 (SD) Wilson (Gausman optioned)

6/22 (SD) Despaigne

6/23 Off

6/24 (TB) Gallardo

6/25 (TB1) Tillman

6/25 (TB2) Gausman

6/26 (TB) Wilson

6/27 Off

6/28 (SD) Despaigne

6/29 (SD) Gallardo

6/30 (SEA) Tillman

7/1 (SEA) Gausman (Gausman eligible)

Well so much for my idea. The Orioles aren't as aggressive or creative as they have been in years past with the roster.

They still have to be making a move soon. They aren't going to keep Janish and Flaherty. That being said what if Wilson struggles tonight? We are assuming Ubaldo starts Wednesday.

Maybe they will let Janish go for a pitcher before Manny gets back if Wilson has a bad night.

They could still make this move before tonight.

I do find it odd that S Schoop is in Baltimore.

If Wilson struggles they have Despaigne and Duensing to provide innings. Though, ideally, they'd want to keep them fresh for tomorrow's game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They could still make this move before tonight.

I do find it odd that S Schoop is in Baltimore.

If Wilson struggles they have Despaigne and Duensing to provide innings. Though, ideally, they'd want to keep them fresh for tomorrow's game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't get Schoop either. Trying to figure that out,unless they let Janish go and then add Schoop for one game before Manny returns.

Let Janish go, but keep Schoop in town, in case they need to bring an INF up, before Manny returns.

Buck was good getting Janish to play in TX so his family could see him. If this is the way it plays out, Janish is released and resigned, all good!

Archived