Anyone catch Manny's comments on Saturday about moving back to 3B?

Frobby

"It was like I never left. It was awesome. I love playing that position. Excited to have J.J. back. I think everyone in this clubhouse was pumped to have him back. Just his presence takes us a long way. He's the captain of the infield, the captain of the team."

http://m.masn.mobi/steve-melewski/2016/06/manny-machado-talks-about-dropping-the-appeal-of-his-suspension.html

Yeah, he's got a real attitude problem.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know that he's got an attitude "problem"... but he's definitely an extremely talented, cocky kid. Sure as hell glad he's on our team for at least another couple years. I think people would just prefer to see him hustle out of the box a little bit more than he does, that's all. I would say the same thing about anyone on the 25 man. Hit the ball, then "RUN DUMMY!!!!!!" as Crash Davis would say.

Just illustrates everything that is right with this team. The clubhouse chemistry seems to be as good as any in baseball. We all remember when it was the opposite, so to see how things are today, you just can't help but love it.

I'm glad that JJ's back and look forward to seeing Manny back at 3B. That being said, I thought Flaherty did a credible job in the 30 games he started there. Certainly better than I expected.

Flash picked a great time to get hot with the bat! Really helped fill the JJ void.

Hardy had some funny comments post-game Saturday on MASN. Something to the effect that Manny kept offering positioning advice in his first inning back. And while I don't remember what he said, Hardy smiled and said he didn't exactly take it to heart. It sounded like a story about ball-busting, and I think there is some little/big brother love there.

I'm pleasantly surprised Manny took the move back to 3B so well. A lot of shortstops take playing that position to heart - to the extent that they take playing SS as part of their identity. Listening to Danny Espinosa of the Nats talking about it, he would be absolutely crushed if he had to move back to 2B.

I don't think he has an attitude problem, but he is very cocky and does very 23-year old things.

But this clubhouse is a model of Buck. He runs a tight ship and holds his guys to a high standard. It's drastically different than the crap that goes on in the Red Sox clubhouse.

I'm pleasantly surprised Manny took the move back to 3B so well. A lot of shortstops take playing that position to heart - to the extent that they take playing SS as part of their identity. Listening to Danny Espinosa of the Nats talking about it, he would be absolutely crushed if he had to move back to 2B.

A lot of professional athletes take certain "positions to heart" because of money, plain and simple.

Manny knows they could play him on the warning track and his money won't be affected one bit. He is going to be a gazillionaire no matter what.

They guy trying to squeak out one deal to take care of him for life would be kicking and screaming if they tried to move him off the more lucrative position.

Archived