Anyone catch Manny's comments on Saturday about moving back to 3B?

Frobby

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Exactly.

Some posters have ill will for Manny, they were the same way on FB and on MASN.

I don't get it.

I have no ill will towards Manny at all.

I have criticized some of his behavior in the past and will continue to do so if warranted, just as I would anyone else.

Knowing the right things to say to the press doesn't discount some of my concerns about him. His idol Rodriquez is as smooth with the press as anyone.

For the most part he's toed the line because he's understood his role as a younger player in a veteran clubhouse. Let him get the big contract and see where it goes. I fear it may not be good. Not saying it for certain - just a concern I'd have.

I don't think he has an attitude problem, but he is very cocky and does very 23-year old things.

But this clubhouse is a model of Buck. He runs a tight ship and holds his guys to a high standard. It's drastically different than the crap that goes on in the Red Sox clubhouse.

Yes he is but I don't fault him for that. You couldn't help but be a little cocky when you realize that you are that much better than most other players. It's not cocky if you have the goods. ;)

I have no ill will towards Manny at all.

I have criticized some of his behavior in the past and will continue to do so if warranted, just as I would anyone else.

Knowing the right things to say to the press doesn't discount some of my concerns about him. His idol Rodriquez is as smooth with the press as anyone.

For the most part he's toed the line because he's understood his role as a younger player in a veteran clubhouse. Let him get the big contract and see where it goes. I fear it may not be good. Not saying it for certain - just a concern I'd have.

Big contract? When that day comes he won't be a problem to anyone on this board any longer. I wonder what cap he'll be wearing on his plaque? :confused: *sigh*

I'm all for Manny's welcoming back of JJ, but isn't "captain of the team" going a bit far? I always thought that, if anyone, Adam was the unofficial captain of the team or at least capt. of the OF.

I don't think saying what he said about JJ is wrong. Of course Adam would be

considered the captain of the team.

Exactly.

Some posters have ill will for Manny, they were the same way on FB and on MASN.

I don't get it.

I just told you why some people don't like Manny. He doesn't run out balls and he gets into fights and gets suspended.

Do you understand why some people don't like Bautista?

I have never ever advocated that, that is old store baseball. Buck also doesn't agree with that.

Did you miss the part about Buck having a quiet chat with Manny? Buck took care of that, what do you want, you want to get complaining about it? Has Manny repeated not running out the hits?

Ventura is a punk and has been suspended multiple times for throwing at players, his own teammates are tired of his act?

I'm not saying you have advocated it. I said there were some here that did. It seemed that the majority of posters here were just fine with Manny charging the mound in that situation. I am not by any means defending

the actions of Yordano Ventura. All I am saying is that it was NOT all his fault and that Manny was at least half responsible for what happened that night. Buck saying that Manny is being suspended "because someone

hit him with a pitch" is what is "BULLSHOES" here because it excuses him from his part in the altercation and that is ridiculous. Everyone here seems to be thinking along the same lines as well. That is what I take objection

to; letting him off the hook. Buck may have had a quiet chat with him, but his public comment shows how he really feels.

I just told you why some people don't like Manny. He doesn't run out balls and he gets into fights and gets suspended.

Seriously, you want to put Bautista in the same breath as Manny.

You are sadly mistaken.

People here can't seem to make that connection. Manny isn't as bad as Bautista, but he is in the same ballpark (pardon the pun) and it needs to stop now. It starts with not making excuses for him because before you know

it, Manny will be 35 with the same cocky attitude and everyone is going to wonder what went wrong.

I'm not saying you have advocated it. I said there were some here that did. It seemed that the majority of posters here were just fine with Manny charging the mound in that situation. I am not by any means defending

the actions of Yordano Ventura. All I am saying is that it was NOT all his fault and that Manny was at least half responsible for what happened that night. Buck saying that Manny is being suspended "because someone

hit him with a pitch" is what is "BULLSHOES" here because it excuses him from his part in the altercation and that is ridiculous. Everyone here seems to be thinking along the same lines as well. That is what I take objection

to; letting him off the hook. Buck may have had a quiet chat with him, but his public comment shows how he really feels.

Buck was fine with him going after Ventura.

Buck had a private talk with Manny on the need to run out the base hits, and he said that Manny understood that.

Manny dropped his appeal, and has accepted responsibility for his actions that night, what more do you want from him?

Seriously, you want to put Bautista in the same breath as Manny.

You are sadly mistaken.

If Machado played for the Blue Jays you would hate him. I don't hate Manny and I don't hate Bautista. But they do the same things. You seem angry about this conversation.

Manny is doing thinigs to hurt the team. I don't care how could you can play baseball you can't have your own agenda. Buck did the right thing he took him into his office and read him the riot act.

Buck was fine with him going after Ventura.

Buck had a private talk with Manny on the need to run out the base hits, and he said that Manny understood that.

Manny dropped his appeal, and has accepted responsibility for his actions that night, what more do you want from him?

I don't consider it to be "accepting responsibility" when you are complaining the whole time about being hit with a 99mph fastball as if he's the first one to ever have that happen to him and wah wah wahhhh. Then, Buck

comes out and makes excuses for him as well. I don't consider that to be "accepting responsibility". He dropped it most likely because he knew it wouldn't be reduced, then complained about it.

Archived