Anyone care to speculate why Sharlon Schoop has been brought to Baltimore?

accinfo

The O's consider Janish a plus defender at SS or 3B. Of course they love Flaherty's defense. Apparently they like Sharlon Schoop's defense as a UIF.

Janish has looked bad at least a couple times at 3B. When in his early 20's, the scouting reports on Rosa said he was a talented defender. I don't know what the more recent reports say.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only way I see why he would be here is if someone is hurt. I hope that Hardy didn't get hurt running the bases or when he had to jump back to first base.

My tin foil theories are that did we trade Flaherty, Janish or J.Schoop?

What I know for sure is that S.Schoop isn't coming up because Janish missed on a run and hit last night. :thumbsup1:

Only way I see why he would be here is if someone is hurt. I hope that Hardy didn't get hurt running the bases or when he had to jump back to first base.

My tin foil theories are that did we trade Flaherty, Janish or J.Schoop?

What I know for sure is that S.Schoop isn't coming up because Janish missed on a run and hit last night. :thumbsup1:

Again he had been summoned before the Oriole game started last night. So nothing that happened in that game triggered this.

On Sunday Flash took a glancing hit on his meat hand while fielding a hot smash by Encarnacion. The Toronto TV crew kept their focus on him as he kept sucking on his fingers. However, Flash did finish the game and I believe he contributed a hit in his next at bat.

Maybe they are just going to release Janish. He has looked pretty pedestrian at 3B IMO. Maybe they think BBS (Big Brother Schoop) is a better defensive 3B.
Janish has looked bad at least a couple times at 3B.

You guys must have seen different games than the ones I saw. I've seen him make two really spectacular plays and handle all the routine ones in the games I've watched. He's a light hitter but I've got no quarrel with his glove.

You guys must have seen different games than the ones I saw. I've seen him make two really spectacular plays and handle all the routine ones in the games I've watched. He's a light hitter but I've got no quarrel with his glove.

Thats my own impression.

I guess, if he could bat, he would be starting somewhere in the bigs.

I guess you're right, he's making the routine plays and has made a few nice plays. There have been a few hits that I thought Manny would have gotten to, but I guess we're just extremely spoiled defensively with Manny there.

Looks like Janish has had 23 defensive chances at 3B and made 0 errors. Another case of my mind thinking something and the numbers telling a different story.

Yeah, Janish has been exactly what they hoped for defensively. Buck should have no anxiety whatsover with his glove at either SS or 3B. I'd have preferred Manny stay at 3B when Hardy was out, but that's just me.

I remember watching Schoop in AA before I knew his name. It was like watching a man amongst boys. Very impressive.

Then I looked him up and realized he WAS a man amongst boys. Still, he hit the ball with authority that day. Probably has a similar approach to his brother (not a walker). Pretty cool though if he gets to be in the same lineup, even if just for a couple of games.

I remember watching Schoop in AA before I knew his name. It was like watching a man amongst boys. Very impressive.

Then I looked him up and realized he WAS a man amongst boys. Still, he hit the ball with authority that day. Probably has a similar approach to his brother (not a walker). Pretty cool though if he gets to be in the same lineup, even if just for a couple of games.

I must have caught him on an off night or two. I saw him in Bowie, and didn't think too much of him, decent glove, not sure about his range to his left and not much of a bat.

Three theories:

1) Flaherty, Hardy, Schoop or Janish tweaked something and they want Schoop nearby in case it turns out to be serious

2) They plan to bring up someone from the minors such as Jason Garcia to make the start Wednesday, and the plan to do so is to send either Flaherty or Janish down and play one game Wednesday with no backup infield other than Alvarez. Then on Thursday they send Garcia down, and can't bring back Flaherty or Janish because it hasn't been 10 days, so they might put Schoop on the roster when Garcia goes down.

3) Jon & Scharlon's Mom and Dad are in town and they wanted to surprise them.

Three theories:

1) Flaherty, Hardy, Schoop or Janish tweaked something and they want Schoop nearby in case it turns out to be serious

2) They plan to bring up someone from the minors such as Jason Garcia to make the start Wednesday, and the plan to do so is to send either Flaherty or Janish down and play one game Wednesday with no backup infield other than Alvarez. Then on Thursday they send Garcia down, and can't bring back Flaherty or Janish because it hasn't been 10 days, so they might put Schoop on the roster when Garcia goes down.

3) Jon & Scharlon's Mom and Dad are in town and they wanted to surprise them.

1. Does not seem to be the case. Schoop got the call before the game last night. Hardy, Schoop and Janish all finished the game despite Flaherty being available.

2. Does not make sense. If that was the plan, Schoop should get the call tomorrow to start on Thursday.

3. Only option that makes sense by process of elimination. Hope they pick out a good restaurant.

Archived