Buck: Ubaldo to start Wednesday's game

LookitsPuck

We are not forced. We could have called up Additon, Gunkel, or Hess. We could have gone with Despaigne. There are other options, which makes this move all the more hard to understand.

Despaigne throwing 27 pitches, the other day, might not be a good option.

All the youngsters you mention, bringing them up and then sending them, blows one of their options, so is that a good thing, for a one time start?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the youngsters you mention, bringing them up and then sending them, blows one of their options, so is that a good thing, for a one time start?

Why is it a one time start? We only have 4 decent pitchers at the moment.

I agree, as it turned out Despaigne was not an option, but he could have been if we had planned it that way.

Why is it a one time start? We only have 4 decent pitchers at the moment.

I agree, as it turned out Despaigne was not an option, but he could have been if we had planned it that way.

Worley might be back on the 28th and Despaigne would be a start option, if given proper rest.

And there you have it.....because of the outstanding job that DD did in the off season, were forced to run Ubaldo out there again. That said i predict a complete game shutout:laughlol::smile11:

I am thrilled that he has us in first place on June 22 unlike 23 other teams.

Additon is no youngster.

Additon just lost his starting spot in Norfolk's rotation. There's no hope coming from the minors. Worley isn't stepping of the DL and into throwing 80+ pitches. Let's just hope Ubaldo pitches well. The other options aren't great.

I'd rather give the ball to Wright despite how annoying I find his act.

At least he has a live arm.

Archived