Buck: Ubaldo to start Wednesday's game

LookitsPuck

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm going to the game. i feel weirdly confident that Ubaldo will pitch well.

He did pitch the clinching game for the AL East crown in 2014....I remember because I bought tix to the next day's game thinking he would lose and I'd get a deal on that game....didn't really work out for me, but did get to see the celebration which was nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Despaigne throwing 27 pitches, the other day, might not be a good option.

All the youngsters you mention, bringing them up and then sending them, blows one of their options, so is that a good thing, for a one time start?

1 time start? Not sure if you realize it, but we only have 4 starters. Unless you're counting Despaigne one of them, because it doesn't appear Buck is for whatever unknown reason.

Worley might be back on the 28th and Despaigne would be a start option, if given proper rest.

Fair enough. Promoting somebody would also cost a salary increase to the MLB minimum. It might be more about that than the options. I don't think anyone would lose sleep if we burned an option year for Nick Additon.

Due to the fans' second guessing of Buck and the recent poor performance of the squad vs. obviously inferior non-divisional opponents, Dan has decided to give Show a breather and will immediately bring in a course correction manager to guide the team to the AS Break.

dave-trembley-back.jpg

Good for everyone. Now only start him against offenses that stink.

The Padres were hitting .290 in June coming into this game. They put up a ten-spot on us yesterday. I give Ubaldo full credit for turning off the spigot.

Good for everyone. Now only start him against offenses that stink.

Yeah.

Before the game, this is what you had to say:

I think Connolly is crazy.

Knocking the Padres. The same Padres that put up a 10 spot yesterday? Yes, some of those hits were "cheap", but they batted around Wilson, were patient against Givens, hit around Britton and Despaigne. So Ubaldo, who is much worse than all of those guys, is going to go 6 IP?

I think he'll go 5 and allow 5. And that's optimistic.

So, before the game, Connelly is crazy for dissing/underrating the Padres' offense.

Jimenez went out and pitched a good game, so now it's, "Now only start him against offenses that stink."

I don't think that tonight's game is necessarily a sign that Jimenez is coming around. In fact, if I had to bet, I would wager that he will revert back to pitching lousy again in the future. However, your agenda/schtick is as transparent as Scotch tape.

Archived