Buck: Ubaldo to start Wednesday's game

LookitsPuck

I'm with you! Ubaldo for Pomeranz. Let's make it happen. We're going to need some weapons, a good getaway car, and maybe some masks of presidents of the United States so our faces don't show up in the security footage. We can case the entrances and exits to Petco Park when the O's are out there next week.

It's just crazy enough that it might work.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

It makes no sense. No team in contention is giving up anything of value for Ubaldo. No team rebuilding would want him unless you sent your entire farm system along with him.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, O's win!!! O's win!!! Ubaldo wins!!! :boogie:

I was at the game (just got back). It was such a pleasant evening for baseball. Ubaldo took the mound, and the game started. The first pitch was a resounding single. A few more hits and the Padres had scored a run. I heard a bit of booing from the stands. But Ubaldo battled on, got some strikeouts and got out of the inning. He got better and better as the game progressed. No, he's not Jim Palmer or Johnny Cueto or Chris Tillman. But he did quite well, especially with the poor expectations and predictions of impending doom. The fans wildly cheered him at each strike out (he got 7) and gave him a standing ovation when he left the game after the 6th inning.

I don't know if this will continue or not. I do know that it's obvious that he's been working. Basically, he was pitching for his roster spot; if he had imploded, I'm almost positive that he would have been DFA'd and the Orioles would be eating his salary. Not sure what his role will be as the season goes on. Will he be a spot starter/long reliever? Whatever, this game was refreshing.

The Grand Poohbah of the Ubaldo Jimenez Fan Club :smile11::clap:

Yeah.

Before the game, this is what you had to say:

So, before the game, Connelly is crazy for dissing/underrating the Padres' offense.

Jimenez went out and pitched a good game, so now it's, "Now only start him against offenses that stink."

I don't think that tonight's game is necessarily a sign that Jimenez is coming around. In fact, if I had to bet, I would wager that he will revert back to pitching lousy again in the future. However, your agenda/schtick is as transparent as Scotch tape.

I was being facetious. Thought it was pretty clear.

He shouldn't be anywhere near a rotation. I'll give him props for today, but he needs a lot of work. Seriously was a poor video review process from have BJ Upton homering off of him. Multiple stolen bases. A lot of walks (again). Some hard hit balls that he was fortunate on. Throw 4, he had 8 baserunners. It was very much like the Kansas City game.

I predict Ubaldo will go 7 IP, 2 ER and their pitcher will go 4+ IP, 6 ER.

Then the bullpen will blow it and we'll lose 11-6.

...oh, wait. I'm still traumatized from last night.

I just had to point out how spot on the serious part of your prediction was. Final line: Ubaldo 6 IP, 2 ER, their pitcher 4+ IP, 6 ER.

That's some mighty fine prognosticatin' there, pardner.

Archived