Buck is going to want to sign Trumbo long term

wildcard

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Trumbo a lot; he's having a career year. Which means he'll probably get a FA deal that his performance going forward won't justify. Give him and Wieters the QO and thank them for their time in Orange and Black. Tillman needs to be the priority. You've got time with Manny. And quite frankly, I'm not optimistic of them signing him. He's going to want a 10 year deal for $30 million per. I just don't see giving that much money to any one player, no matter how good he is.

Now I'm just going to forget about this thread and enjoy the rest of the season.

Not sure how many pitches Dickey has left in the tank.

He's a knuckle baller so I'm not concerned too much about age. I'd look for 1 yr in the 8-12M range. I'm assuming no QO. I believe he and Buck have some history together. As I said, I'd keep an eye on him. I wouldn't make him a top target. There really is not much SP out there.

He's a knuckle baller so I'm not concerned too much about age. I'd look for 1 yr in the 8-12M range. I'm assuming no QO. I believe he and Buck have some history together. As I said, I'd keep an eye on him. I wouldn't make him a top target. There really is not much SP out there.

I was more concerned with his elbow and maybe TJ at some point, since it looks like all pitchers are heading that way.

I wouldn't offer him 1 for $17 million, but I would totally offer him the QO.

I'd really have to think about it and be sure that the budget would allow for him accepting.

I think he might very well accept it.

17 million is almost doubling his career earnings.

There is very little pitching available.
There's no pitching and Free Agent pitching turns out like Ubaldo.

I have to agree. The FA market for pitching this winter looks abysmal, and I'm sure prices (in terms of FA dollars/WAR or the cost of a trade) will again be insane. So Dan may have no choice but to try to buy bats to slug his way out of it again.

Archived