Multiple Team interested in Bud Norris

Redskins Rick

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Bud is right, he's a good pitcher. He won 16 games for us in '14 (I know, I know, wins don't matter - but he was damned good for us in '14). If he truly has gotten himself right, I'd take him back. I wouldn't pay a premium mind you, but I'd take him back.

When Bud is right, he's a good pitcher. He won 16 games for us in '14 (I know, I know, wins don't matter - but he was damned good for us in '14). If he truly has gotten himself right, I'd take him back. I wouldn't pay a premium mind you, but I'd take him back.

He looked pretty good in the Detroit Playoff Series, too.

He looked pretty good in the Detroit Playoff Series, too.

Sure did. Makes what happened to him in '15 all the more sad (and perplexing). He had to have been more hurt than he let on (I believe he went on the DL at one point before we cut him). Had to be.

Sure did. Makes what happened to him in '15 all the more sad (and perplexing). He had to have been more hurt than he let on (I believe he went on the DL at one point before we cut him). Had to be.

He did make the DL trip, but that was in June, he has bounced around and finally got it figured out.

Other than Tony who was upset at the idea of losing Davies last year?

I hated the deal for reasons other than Davies.

I don't get it. There are two sides to every equation. If you don't like the deal, that means you felt 2 months of Parra < 6 years of Davies. I mean, would you have hated the trade if it had been Parra for Mitch Horacek?

Yes, I was unhappy about losing our no. 5 prospect, who was having a good year in AAA at age 22 and was major league-ready. He's probably been a little better than I expected so far, but there was every reason to think he had a shot at being a decent BOR starter.

Other than Tony who was upset at the idea of losing Davies last year?

I hated the deal for reasons other than Davies.

The fact that Tony was right about Davies being something is just fondant on the cake. (does anyone actually like fondant?)

I didn't like it. But largely because I didn't think the Orioles were any good and that Parra isn't a game changer. I don't like buying high on someone that can (did) come crashing down to Earth.

I don't get it. There are two sides to every equation. If you don't like the deal, that means you felt 2 months of Parra < 6 years of Davies. I mean, would you have hated the trade if it had been Parra for Mitch Horacek?

Yes, I was unhappy about losing our no. 5 prospect, who was having a good year in AAA at age 22 and was major league-ready. He's probably been a little better than I expected so far, but there was every reason to think he had a shot at being a decent BOR starter.

The player didn't matter (although I wasn't happy about losing a close to MLB ready arm). I was opposed to the very idea of trading anything another team could view as valuable for Parra. I didn't think the team was a legitimate contender and I didn't think that Parra was an improvement over what the O's already had.

So you could say I was opposed to the process.

Archived