Bullpen sunday

bpilktree

Seemed silly to me that Britton was warming up in the first game. I realize there was a period of time where it seemed like Drake might not be able to close it out but even if a couple more runners reached someone else could've been trusted to protect that lead.

Right but because Buck doesn't believe in the save rule if it became a save situation Britton probably would have been brought in.

Despite the fact that even a struggling reliever is pretty unlikely to give up five runs in an inning.

Seemed silly to me that Britton was warming up in the first game. I realize there was a period of time where it seemed like Drake might not be able to close it out but even if a couple more runners reached someone else could've been trusted to protect that lead.

That surprised me too. I was also somewhat surprised to see both Britton and Brach in Game 2. O'Day and Brach have each picked up a handful of saves over the years in situations like this, but usually Buck has taken care to keep his #2 available for the next game after repeatedly going to his #1. This time he has burned both Zach and Brad. So I guess one of Buck's principles will need to be violated if the O's have the lead in a close game today. Still my guess would be that he will go to the B team today.

I think Buck sits both today. Zach only pitched three days in a row once last year, and that was after three days of rest. Brach has never pitched three days in a row as an Oriole. Buck's a long-term thinker and he won't take chances with this.

Hopefully, we can jump on the Rays and win by multiple runs.

I hope they do pour on the runs.

Archived