Eduardo Rodriguez, pitching like an Oriole prospect

weams

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Sabathia can turn it around Rodriguez certainly can.

Or maybe Eduardo is what we thought he was and he is simply regressing to norms for a guy who put up a 4.79 ERA at AA as recently as two years ago.

I was just as surprised at his early success with Boston as I am by his current struggles. We will see but I would guess his true value is somewhere in between, which is pretty mediocre.

One of the few DD trades I was in favor of. Never liked ERod as a prospect and really thought Miller could help us win a championship. If we only had Davies right now...

Also lost in this trade of Miller. I am 100% convinced that the Tigers got Miller, if DD doesn't pull the trigger, and with a legitimate reliever in that Tiger pen, it might have pushed them further in the playoffs.

Also lost in this trade of Miller. I am 100% convinced that the Tigers got Miller, if DD doesn't pull the trigger, and with a legitimate reliever in that Tiger pen, it might have pushed them further in the playoffs.

It's a different series if we don't have Miller or hadn't traded for Bud Norris the year before.

Game 2- Detroit brings in Andrew Miller instead of Joba and Delmon Young's double probably doesn't happen.

Game 3- Norris goes 6.1 0ER. Miller goes 1.2. (Miller also pitched 1.2 in game 1)

http://www.baseball-reference.com/postseason/2014_ALDS2.shtml

When we traded EdRod a lot of people thought he would just be a reliever or 4/5 type. I think he can be more, but just like our pitching, I'm sure he's tired of facing AL East lineups.

I remember getting the feeling Buck didnt like EdRod as a prospect when he was with the Orioles. He was clearly #4 on the prospect list behind Gausman, Bundy and Harvey at the time.

He wasn't #4 before the trade, his stock had dropped because of how he was pitching.

There was other arms in AAA that supposedly the team had higher.

He wasn't #4 before the trade, his stock had dropped because of how he was pitching.

There was other arms in AAA that supposedly the team had higher.

Maybe Buck didnt have him at #4 but I remember him being on all the prospect lists, and a 21 year old starting in AA is going to get alot of attention in trade talks.

One of the few DD trades I was in favor of. Never liked ERod as a prospect and really thought Miller could help us win a championship. If we only had Davies right now...

Davies was the only trade that DD made that I was against. I figured at the time of the E-Rod trade the team decided that Davies was the better prospect and then they trade Davies for Parra. I didn't get that one at all. First off the team was out of the hunt IMHO and Parra was never much of a player.

I remember getting the feeling Buck didnt like EdRod as a prospect when he was with the Orioles. He was clearly #4 on the prospect list behind Gausman, Bundy and Harvey at the time.
The joys of playing in Boston and New York.

The entire front office and management roasted him for an hour plus closed door last evening. Someone said he had to go talk with David Ortiz afterwards to be consoled. What him pitch a good one next time.

Maybe Buck didnt have him at #4 but I remember him being on all the prospect lists, and a 21 year old starting in AA is going to get alot of attention in trade talks.

He started out that way, before the regular season started, but to be honest, he wasn't doing very good, and it looked like he was doing to repeat at AA, even some talk at the time of putting him in the pen at AA.

Archived