Trade Target: Ervin Santana

backwardsk

I think Santana would be a real upgrade for our terrible rotation. His 97 ERA+ (better after today's start) would be well ahead of everybody we've got except for Tillman and Gausman. So, if he was on the waiver wire, you would definitely want him. The question is whether or not you want him at the Twins' price, which probably isn't much besides salary relief.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What about Matt Moore?

Since June: 3.57 ERA, .231/.288/.408 - .696 OPS. 7 homers allowed in ~45 IP, though.

It is a tale of 2 seasons for Matt. But I do like that he's: a lefty, young, under control through 2017 with 2 team options ($9m and $10m). He's not terribly expensive, but the problems:

1. Hasn't thrown more than 150 innings since 2012.

2. Was terrible last year

3. Was terrible for half of this year

I'd love to have him in the rotation. But I do worry about the homers and the hits.

The main benefit here is that he already had Tommy John Surgery in 2014 and was able to pitch again in 2015. So maybe we're starting to see him come around.

My guess is it'll take a Mancini type to get him. And probably another prospect.

Since June: 3.57 ERA, .231/.288/.408 - .696 OPS. 7 homers allowed in ~45 IP, though.

It is a tale of 2 seasons for Matt. But I do like that he's: a lefty, young, under control through 2017 with 2 team options ($9m and $10m). He's not terribly expensive, but the problems:

1. Hasn't thrown more than 150 innings since 2012.

2. Was terrible last year

3. Was terrible for half of this year

I'd love to have him in the rotation. But I do worry about the homers and the hits.

The main benefit here is that he already had Tommy John Surgery in 2014 and was able to pitch again in 2015. So maybe we're starting to see him come around.

My guess is it'll take a Mancini type to get him. And probably another prospect.

I'd happily trade Mancini plus for Moore.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived