Bowden: Manny's agent proposed a long-term deal to the O's before the season started

Frobby

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Orioles aren't gonna sign him for 350m but Orioles will sign him and get 3 to 4 years post arb for around 200m.

I really don't see Manny agreeing to that deal unless the Orioles give him an opt-out after four years or so. Actually I don't see Manny agreeing to any deal unless the Orioles give him an opt-out. It would make the most financial sense for him to re-sign a lucrative deal with an opt-out and then hit free agency before his age 30 season.

I really don't see Manny agreeing to that deal unless the Orioles give him an opt-out after four years or so. Actually I don't see Manny agreeing to any deal unless the Orioles give him an opt-out. It would make the most financial sense for him to re-sign a lucrative deal with an opt-out and then hit free agency before his age 30 season.

Manny has 2 years of arb left which makes him 26. 2 years plus 3 or 4 years would put him at age 29 or 30. So no opt out needed.

No if you're not going to sign him you need to trade him and pillage some other team

I don't see point of trading him unless we have a lousy sea season in his walk year. Obviously if some team is willing to give up a lot for one year of Manny he would be valuable to keep for next two years.

Manny has 2 years of arb left which makes him 26. 2 years plus 3 or 4 years would put him at age 29 or 30. So no opt out needed.

He'll want - and probably get - an opt out or 2 from a TEN year deal; not a 6 year deal. 10/350 is probably the most commonly speculated numbers for Manny's next deal.

If they can't sign Manny and the Orioles trade him then I hope they get a big package back.I know this won't happen but get back a Trea Turner,Anthony Rendon and Joe Ross type.Manny and a prospect for them.Then you have a SS to replace Hardy, third baseman for Manny and another controllable pitcher.I know this trade won't happen but if they can do something like it.Three controllable pitchers and a young SS.Then try to extend Schoop.You would then have Davis,Schoop,Turner and Rendon for at least three or four years. Just need to work on the outfield. Be nice if the Orioles can develop some outfielders.

Archived