What Would You Give Up To Acquire Sale?

ORIOLE33

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Higher ceiling than top-5 Cy Young candidate? The only step above that '96-'99 Pedro Martinez.

Bundy could end up doing very well...but he could also blow out his elbow or shoulder and end up as the next Matt Hobgood. Even if he has a higher ceiling, he has a much, much lower floor.

So very true. And Sale is one pitch away from being "Straight Edge."

Higher ceiling than top-5 Cy Young candidate? The only step above that '96-'99 Pedro Martinez.

Bundy could end up doing very well...but he could also blow out his elbow or shoulder and end up as the next Matt Hobgood. Even if he has a higher ceiling, he has a much, much lower floor.

Sale is a lot like Mussina, a darn good pitcher, who hasn't won a CY, just a candidate.

I see a higher ceiling for Bundy, I am seeing he has the potential to win some CY Youngs, and dominate like a Kershaw.

Hobgood never got to the bigs, did he, no, so he has already surpassed him

You could have started a package with Harvey, but he's dead so that essentially means it's impossible.

Otherwise, you'd have to start with Bundy or Gausman, then add Sisco, Scott, Mancini, basically.

Done. If we could get him for that, sign me up.

For those saying it would take all that plus Schoop, that may be true. However, I just read that the Dodgers are dangling Arias. Yet, I would think Bundy's stock has risen higher. If you are the White Sox, would you take an Arias package over a Bundy package?

It would require Schoop and Bundy or Gausman plus top 3 prospects.

Exactly, we can't really do this deal and make ourselves better. They would want Schoop, Bundy and Gausman and that does not make us better except for one out of five days!

Sale is a lot like Mussina, a darn good pitcher, who hasn't won a CY, just a candidate.

I see a higher ceiling for Bundy, I am seeing he has the potential to win some CY Youngs, and dominate like a Kershaw.

Hobgood never got to the bigs, did he, no, so he has already surpassed him

You are being a homer. You really think he has Kershaw type potential?

Exactly, we can't really do this deal and make ourselves better. They would want Schoop, Bundy and Gausman and that does not make us better except for one out of five days!

No they wouldn't. Sale is definitely an ace and would make us a solid favorite in the AL, but he's not Kershaw.

I am probably a homer, but I see Bundy as having a higher ceiling than Sale.

I like Bundy and I think he will be a good SP. I wish the Orioles would extend him so we get to have move than 1.25 seasons of him in the rotation but theres no way he will have a career ERA below 3.00 and 1000k's.

Done. If we could get him for that, sign me up.

For those saying it would take all that plus Schoop, that may be true. However, I just read that the Dodgers are dangling Arias. Yet, I would think Bundy's stock has risen higher. If you are the White Sox, would you take an Arias package over a Bundy package?

No way Schoop is on the table. We are not winning the pennant with Ryan Flaherty at second base, Chris Sale or no Chris Sale.

No way Schoop is on the table. We are not winning the pennant with Ryan Flaherty at second base, Chris Sale or no Chris Sale.

They went to the ALCS with Flaherty at 3rd and playing well. So I disagree with you.

But, I love Schoop and don't want to give him up.

They went to the ALCS with Flaherty at 3rd and playing well. So I disagree with you.

But, I love Schoop and don't want to give him up.

Apples and oranges, different teams and different competition in the AL East. Schoop is a much more important part of this team than he was then.

Archived