What Would You Give Up To Acquire Sale?

ORIOLE33

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If we don't include them, you don't think Bundy, Brach and some other combination of MiLers would do it? If CHW truly valued Sale they wouldn't be trading him.

Nope, I don't think so. Chicago could shop that package to someone like Boston or Texas and say "Beat this and Sale is yours."

If I had them, I'd give them three Chris Tillmans for Sale. Tillman has been having an excellent season, but Sale is on a different level entirely.

Barring Schoop, the Orioles would probably have to offer them Gausman AND Bundy plus their choice of any three prospects in the minors to get them to even consider it. I mean, look what the Cubs gave up to get just two months of Chapman -- a relief pitcher. The Orioles just don't have the prospects to pull it off, no matter how much fans enjoy putting together fantasy baseball offers where the Orioles can get a guy like that on prospect volume, sending off all the guys said fan wouldn't mind giving up. One guy on Melewski's blog the other day was certain the Orioles could get Sale if they offered Mancini, Cisco, Tanner Scott, Mike Wright and Vance Worley. I told him Rick Hahn would bust a gut laughing if Dan Duquette called him up and made that offer.

For this, I am grateful. I will pass on Mr. Sale.

I'd trade any single roster player not named Machado + prospects for Sale.

He's a top-5 pitcher in baseball and better than anyone the O's have put on the mound since Moose.

Why would anyone be worried about the Orioles giving up prospects? It's not like they've had a tremendous amount of development success.

But, as has been said, unless the White Sox are infatuated with a particular Orioles player/prospect, some other team could offer better.

Archived