Official Orioles Draft Pick Thread

markpolis

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I say they should draft and follow SportsGuy for general purposes. Then sign and trade him.

As long as it's a four way deal involving no fewer than nine players and $10 million changing hands.

I just hope he doesn't occupy a roster spot on one of the lower levels (like the GCL O's) just for the sake of his last name. I'm sure there are some Latin middle infielders that are much younger and have a much higher ceiling than Eric that the O's brass could plug in there.

I'm sure he's a good player in his own right, I just hope it doesn't come at the cost of critical developmental years of even younger players.

I just hope he doesn't occupy a roster spot on one of the lower levels (like the GCL O's) just for the sake of his last name. I'm sure there are some Latin middle infielders that are much younger and have a much higher ceiling than Eric that the O's brass could plug in there.

I'm sure he's a good player in his own right, I just hope it doesn't come at the cost of critical developmental years of even younger players.

Those Latin middle infielders would almost definitely be 4 years older then they say...Ed Rogers anyone?

Are they done? Haven't seen the tracker move since the end of round 35.

I was about to ask if they were taking a break. I thought they went through round 50 or until every team passed, whichever came first. Only the Jays have passed, I think.

Archived