vs. RANGERS, 8/03

OFFNY

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How can you not be pleased with Gausman tonight? Ok he get hit a little bit, but he kept his poise, only walked one and limited the Rangers to 2 runs.

Definitely pleased. Got better as the game wore on. Just needs to keep working to tighten up his command and he'll be a big part of this pennant push.

That start was positively Tillman-esque! Lotta pitches in the first, struggled, then figured it out and threw an excellent game. 7 IP 2 ER is exactly the type of start we need from a middle of the rotation pitcher. That's a bit more than most here probably expected; I personally didn't think he would make it through 7 OR stop giving up runs after yielding 2.

When you have Tilly the ace, Bundy the up and comer who might compete with Tilly for the ace spot, and Gallardo and Miley who might be serviceable innings eaters, and you start getting great starts from your #3 guy Gausman, that's a recipe for winning a division.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My gosh. I was pulling for Texas that series, for some reason I thought they were out of players.

Next inning Hamilton hit a 2 run bomb and they blew it again.

Yeah, was pulling for Texas in the WS as well. Still remember it all from the decision to not put Endy in for defense to the 2 run shot to right center by Hamilton and then once again the Rangers one strike away from a championship but Berkman came through.

Come on Stros, do something against Toronto.

Archived