vs. RANGERS, 8/03

OFFNY

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 runs 6 innings is about on par for Gausman. Or a little better than par. I'm satisfied. Not blown away, but happy. I don't think the other team's batters are blown away, either. :P

I'm glad we got to Hamels early so we can sit on this lead and play good defense and win the game.

Was Chavez available? Didn't realize that. Many people said he was too shallow.
Oct 5, 2012

Richard Durrett

ARLINGTON, Texas ? Texas Rangers manager Ron Washington said he doesn?t remember giving Endy Chavez any indication that he was going to enter Game 6 of the 2011 World Series as a defensive replacement for Nelson Cruz.

Chavez told FoxSports.com on Thursday that he was supposed to be in the outfield after he pinch-hit in the top of the ninth of Game 6. Nelson Cruz ended up staying in the game and with the Rangers one strike away from the title, watched as David Freese?s game-tying triple went over his head.

?I don?t remember anything like that,? Washington said about the possibility of Chavez going into the game defensively. ?Any information you get further on that, let Endy Chavez tell you. I can?t reflect back that far right now. You want the answer to that, go talk to Endy Chavez. I?m thinking about the game today.?

The Rangers face the Baltimore Orioles in the AL wild-card game with the winner hosting the first two games of the ALDS against the New York Yankees.

Chavez told FoxSports.com that he thought he was going in and was called back.

?They called me in from the field,? Chavez said. ?I was surprised. I didn?t know (Freese?s) ball was going to be hit that way. We were winning the game by two runs. I didn?t think it was that big a deal.?

Chavez added: ?I know something for sure: I didn?t sleep that night just thinking about it.?

The Rangers didn?t use Chavez as a late-inning defensive replacement much during the season or the playoffs, though he did come in during a late-season blowout win to give Cruz a break.

http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas/texas-rangers/post/_/id/4892856/was-nelson-cruz-supposed-to-come-out-of-game-6

Archived